There are 5 users in the forums

Official Rockies at Giants series thread - starts 4/11/14

Friday, April 11 - Rockies - 7:15 PM - Bumgarner vs De La Rosa
Saturday, April 12 - Rockies - 1:05 PM - Cain vs Anderson
Sunday, April 13 - Rockies - 1:05 PM - Hudson vs Lyles
Mad Bum at home against the Rockies should get the Giants back on track.... limit the damage from Gonzales and the rest is gravy.... De La Rosa is not as effective away from Coors so the Giants should be able to score some runs.... Cain needs to be effective tomorrow.... can't afford not to be with the baggage at the end of the rotation.... series takes on major importance with Dodgers coming to town and getting Lincecum then Voglesong....
Cain gets a team that he has dominated the last half dozen times he has faced them.... and he's at home.... if there is ever a time to get right, it's now.... Don't let Tulowitski hurt you and it's all good from there.... Pagan and Posey back in the lineup.... Morse owns the Rockies.... and Brett Anderson.... well, he's Brett Anderson.... if the Giants offense is truly legit.... this should be batting practice....

Just realized how much I over value Cain though.... Toss out 2012 and he's basically a sub .500 pitcher with the contract of an ace.... scary thought.... maybe we are seeing the real Matt Cain.... lower the expectations and accept the mediocrity?....
For 2 games now, no one who is not a pitcher has driven in a single run for the Giants.

I grew up a lifelong Giants and 49ers fan, but at this point, I gotta say the Giants SUCK.
Also, after that 8th inning bases loaded strike out, can someone tell me what they are paying Sandoval for? Cause it certainly isn't his fielding (after throwing the ball into the stands on Friday night)
Originally posted by SFFanSince72:
For 2 games now, no one who is not a pitcher has driven in a single run for the Giants.

I grew up a lifelong Giants and 49ers fan, but at this point, I gotta say the Giants SUCK.

The one thing I know is that this is not a playoff team.... It's absolutely laughable when I hear that tossed around over and over.... Mediocre pitching staff, mediocre pen, very average lineup.... Sabean took the winter off.... This team will finish 20 back....
Originally posted by SFFanSince72:
Also, after that 8th inning bases loaded strike out, can someone tell me what they are paying Sandoval for? Cause it certainly isn't his fielding (after throwing the ball into the stands on Friday night)

He shed pounds to try and get paid and that ain't going to happen.... Hope he turns it around....
[ Edited by lvtent on Apr 13, 2014 at 7:24 AM ]
Need to win this game to take the series, lets go Huddy!
Sunday get away day for Rockies.... Hudson on mound.... Giants embarrassed yesterday.... Giants win.... Prepare for the juggernaut coming to town.... Saw the Dodgers vs DBacks game last night and the only thing more impressive than female Dodger fans in short shorts was actually the team itself.... Kills me to say but that team is a freaking machine.... Hope for some type of internal drama there.... That's the only lifeline we have.... They are just too good....
Two of three. I will take it.
Originally posted by lvtent:
Sunday get away day for Rockies.... Hudson on mound.... Giants embarrassed yesterday.... Giants win.... Prepare for the juggernaut coming to town.... Saw the Dodgers vs DBacks game last night and the only thing more impressive than female Dodger fans in short shorts was actually the team itself.... Kills me to say but that team is a freaking machine.... Hope for some type of internal drama there.... That's the only lifeline we have.... They are just too good....

It's early in the season. They are starting out strong (still lost the series to us). A lot could happen. They are winning right now though.
Got the series win which was hugely important.... Wasn't sure Crawford had it in him.... Lincecum, Voglesong and a prayer for the next two games.... Pitch well, hit well and hope the Dodgers have a couple bad days.... If that all fails.... At least there is Mad Bum to try and prevent a sweep.... Scary thing is that the Dodgers aren't playing that well and are without Kershaw.... Can't let this division get away when they are in this state.... nobody thought that collection of egos would be this good.... Ask Boston....
We are the only NL West team to have shown that we can consistently beat the Doyers. They appear to be just as scary as they were last year. The big question is, can we keep up with them?