There are 4 users in the forums

Official Giants at Rockies series thread - starts 4/21/14

Monday, April 21 - @Rockies - 5:40 PM - Vogelsong vs De La Rosa
Tuesday, April 22 - @Rockies - 5:40 PM - Bumgarner vs Morales
Wednesday, April 23 - @Rockies - 12:10 PM - Cain vs Chatwood

C'mon Giants!
Voglesong on the road is a scary ass deal.... Giants are going to have to look for a replacement soon.... Offense should get some knocks on De la Rosa.... but hopefully it's not 10-0 before that happens.... This series could be the beginning of the end.... Not good enough to win it.... Sabean was lazy....
Originally posted by lvtent:
Voglesong on the road is a scary ass deal.... Giants are going to have to look for a replacement soon.... Offense should get some knocks on De la Rosa.... but hopefully it's not 10-0 before that happens.... This series could be the beginning of the end.... Not good enough to win it.... Sabean was lazy....

Somewhat agree. I wish we had done more, but I am not going to give up on the season this early. LOL.

Bumgarner versus Morales tonight.
Originally posted by madbuster:

Somewhat agree. I wish we had done more, but I am not going to give up on the season this early. LOL.

Bumgarner versus Morales tonight.

You're right.... It might be a touch early to throw in the towel.... But this team is two years past its expiration date.... The Voglesong resigning was laziness.... The two year deal for Tim at that number was probably partial payment for previous success.... And fear of the Dodgers trotting him out there.... Morse is kinda odd.... Second base is still a hole.... Pablo blows and should probably start eating again.... Pence is even more odd than Morse.... No ace on the staff right now.... It's a weird team.... Can't believe Sabean looked at this and basically stayed pat....
I take it all back.... This is over.... Honestly.... This is a 4th place team only because Arizona is so bad....
[ Edited by lvtent on Apr 22, 2014 at 8:59 PM ]
Not to disparage the Rockies too much, but the Giants are an embarrassment to themselves and their fans. All 5 of their starting pitchers should demand a trade.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of seeing Bochy shrug his shoulders and say, I don't know what's wrong.
Here's my opinion as a casual fan of things Bochy could do to improve the production of the team:

Play more small ball - try bunting to advance runners on the bases. (This seems especially obvious, since we play our home games in a "pitcher's ballpark")

Keep the same players starting for continuity instead of changing it every day. If the batters truly are just in a funk, the only way to get out is to keep playing.

Coach his players (including and especially Sandoval) to STOP GUESSING at the pitch, and actually IDENTIFY the pitch. (How many times have we seen Sandoval swing through a ball clearly in the dirt)

Maybe some of these 3 things, instead of Bochy shrugging his shoulders.
No small ball with this lineup right now.... The addition of Morse wouldn't make it practical.... And he has already surpassed the HR production of last years left fielders....No true number 2 hitter either.... They are actually better suited for the long ball.... But in a pitchers park.... Sabean.... Sandoval needs to eat.... 10 cheesecakes a month.... Need to sweep the Indians.... Concerned about the lack of hustle today when they got down from both Cain and Crawford.... Both are too mediocre to think they are secure.... I would unload both in a heartbeat....
I'm concerned about this team.... even though they finished the first 22 against division foes on the positive.... Credit for that.... No talent close in the minors to help the major league rotation.... And this rotation is severely flawed.... Petit in two weeks assumes the 5 spot.... Then Sabean has to make a deal....

Cain bothers me.... He gets way too much credit.... Yesterday was embarrassing.... An ace he is not.... A stud?.... No way.... A gamer?.... Barely.... Sabean again....

Kinda hard to criticize after two world championships.... world championships that we are all thankful for.... and Sabean and the Giants know this.... But.... This was a lazily built roster.... by a GM that hit the lotto in 2012.... and an ownership group that are masters at milking every penny they can out of you.... no sympathy here.... But I was born to bleed orange and black.... as well as red and gold....and I'm not from Ohio and blonde....

So you get a 3 million fans a year.... Of which probably 1.5 million actually care.... Buts that's on par with LA.... Don't be Magic's b***h....
[ Edited by lvtent on Apr 24, 2014 at 7:18 PM ]
I take it all back.... This is over.... Honestly.... This is a 4th place team only because Arizona is so bad....

LOL. I take it back too. We look horrible. Season over.