There are 2 users in the forums

Help...tourist in town for the game

We are vacationing in SF next week and grabbed some tickets for Game 3 to pull for the Giants. We are staying at Cavallo Point hotel near the old Fort Baker site south of Sausalito and will have a rental car. We had previously booked an early morning Alcatraz tour that runs from 845-1115ish. Any tips for how to get from Cavallo Point to Pier 33 area for tour and then down to the stadium afterwards would be really appreciated. It is tough for an out-of-towner to know what will be reasonable to expect with regards to parking availability, walkability, time constraints etc. My initial (and uninformed) thought was to find some daily parking between ferry building and fisherman's wharf early, walk to pier 33, and then walk from there to the ballpark since we have from 1130-1 to get there? Is that reasonable? Any other better ideas/suggestions from the locals? Thanks...Go Giants.
Sorry to see nobody replied to you until now, now that the season is over. I just started using this website a few hours ago. From reading your plan, and having been to close to 150 games, I would say that sounded like a decent plan for someone who is from out of town. There are a few parking lots I usually park in that are close to the ballpark but since you did the Alcatraz tour in the morning I think parking closer to the pier was a good idea....anyway, hope it all worked out. Go GIANTS!!