There are 5 users in the forums

Giants' starting pitching

I know it's really early (less than 2 weeks into the season) but here is an observation. The 1-3 starters (Bumgarner, Cueto, and Samardzija) have looked ok so far. Going into the season I figured that if numbers 1 through 3 were fine, the ballclub would be fine. I'm not sure about that now, especially after what happened in Colorado. I think we need numbers 4 and 5 (Peavy and Cain) to come through... and that has not happened. Does either Peavy or Cain need to be replaced in the rotation? Thoughts.
I have been a Giants fan going back to when I was a kid in New York. Since my team has moved to SF, management has a habit of retaining starting pitchers beyond their pitching abilities. It's time for Jake Peavy to retire. Retirement isn't bad Jake! I've done it for years.
After game 2 in San Diego, I think it is pretty clear that if either Peavy or Cain can come through, our team's starting rotation looks solid. 1 through 3 (especially Cueto and MadBum) have been money, and Samardzija has pitched well. If Matt Cain could regain his old form... This division could become Orange and Black all the way.