There are 4 users in the forums

Trade Season

I would like to know your thoughts on what you want the Giants to do and what you think they will do between now and July 31st.
i think freddy sanchez is most likely cause he'll be cheap (in terms of prospects) and we need a second baseman bad
People seem to be afraid to give up too much for a hitter. That's why I have proposed going after guys like Jose Guillen or Magglio Ordonez -- obviously they have their flaws/risks but that is why they could be acquired cheaper than Holliday, F.Sanchez, etc.

I'd also be in favor of trying for Aubrey Huff because he has the versatility to play 1B, 3B and OF.

I think we'll make some kind of move for a bat, but I'm not expecting a big name.
F. Sanchez
  • crzy
I think Matt Holiday makes a lot of sense.
Originally posted by crzy:

I agree on that. I don't know what it would take to get him, but he would definitely be the best addition to this team. I like Sanchez as well, but lets be real, we need another power hitter and Sanchez is not that...
  • crzy
Assuming we were to get Matt Holiday, what are our chances of realistically keeping him beyond this season.
Assuming we were to get Matt Holiday, what are our chances of realistically keeping him beyond this season.

Not sure but i think they were asking for a lot for him.
I still think Adam Dunn would look great in our lineup he's only on a 2yr 20 mil contract and playing for the terrible Nationals who would probably just give him away. His line of .268 .401 .542 .943 is great plus hes got 24 HR, 63 RBI and 73 walks. A legit clean up hitter is worth a few dropped pop flies and he would look sweet hitting 4th between Pablo and Bengie.
Originally posted by ucsbpv20:
I still think Adam Dunn would look great in our lineup he's only on a 2yr 20 mil contract and playing for the terrible Nationals who would probably just give him away. His line of .268 .401 .542 .943 is great plus hes got 24 HR, 63 RBI and 73 walks. A legit clean up hitter is worth a few dropped pop flies and he would look sweet hitting 4th between Pablo and Bengie.

Dunn's numbers would no doubt go down in SF and I think his .268 average is HIGH for him...he'll come back down to Earth. I wouldn't mind the trade if we got him, though...any pop is better than none.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I agree on that. I don't know what it would take to get him, but he would definitely be the best addition to this team. I like Sanchez as well, but lets be real, we need another power hitter and Sanchez is not that...

You have to remember one thing about Holiday. He will never sign with the Giants and you will have him for 2 months. So.. you simply cannot give up great prospects for him.

The A's would want much more than Sanchez. Their weakness is young hitting which is exactly what the Giants do not have. For that reason I do not see any trade happening between these 2 teams.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
People seem to be afraid to give up too much for a hitter. That's why I have proposed going after guys like Jose Guillen or Magglio Ordonez -- obviously they have their flaws/risks but that is why they could be acquired cheaper than Holliday, F.Sanchez, etc.

I'd also be in favor of trying for Aubrey Huff because he has the versatility to play 1B, 3B and OF.

I think we'll make some kind of move for a bat, but I'm not expecting a big name.

Guillen - no fricking way. Ordonoez - makes way too much and you have to wonder about this guy. Roids??? Why is his production so down???

Huff I like but I wont give up much of anything to get him. He would be a 2 month rental only - something like a Shea Hillebrand with more power.

Sanchez.. again now way if I have to give up a very good prospect. He will make over $8 million next year and he is not an impact bat that can make a difference.

Adam Dunn.. maybe if we didnt have to give up much. He has a reasonable contract for next year considering his homerun totals.
i want freddy sanchez and a big bat

I agree ONLY if we can sign him to a long term deal first!!
Originally posted by clark4ever:
I agree ONLY if we can sign him to a long term deal first!!

That would never happen. Boras is Holidays agent. Enough said.