There are 5 users in the forums

Is Bochy resting Posey too much?

He is resting him up so he will be fresh for the post season, but if the Giants don't win enough games there is no post season. It seams that once every series Posey is resting. That was fine when he could play first while Belt is out, but now that Belt is back its time for him to suit up and play more.

Don't get me wrong I really like Susac and have met him a few times from Cape League games, but he is no Posey and is up too fast. He should have been called up next season not this season.

They should cut Posey's rest days to day games after night games only.
I agree that Posey shouldn't be sitting right now....

If you can get away with Belt in right.... Which we got a taste of last night.... I could accept Posey at first, Susac behind the plate until Sanchez is back.... And an outfield of Morse, Pence and Belt on a limited basis.... That would be an extremely rough outfield.... Not sure if Bochy would be willing to risk it.... He seems to like what Blanco brings to the table defensively.... But on temp basis I'd rather have that than Perez, Blanco, Pence from last night.... The options are so limited.... This problem isn't going to be fixed until Pagan gets back... And who knows when that will ever be.... And for how long that will be for....