There are 4 users in the forums

Philly fans on Tim Lincecum

• crzy
Haven't been that impressed with Lincecum. No movement on his pitches. But when you see big studs like Hamels and Lee then I guess that is expected.

he's a 2 pitch pitcher and never throws a fastball in fastball counts how hard is that to understand?

Biggest homers on the planet, Philly fans
OK? They have seen Lee once and Hamels has an ERA over 4. Not impressed with the Reigning CY young winner. And it must be pretty hard to understand this two pitch pitcher since he leads the league in K's and has already surpassed Hamel's total from last year. The truth is they would trade anyone on their team from Lincecum
Looks like this was only the 4th time all year their team has been shut out. Sucks that they were shut out by a "mediocre" pitcher.

Philly sports fans are idiots. It pains me that their team is going to be good for awhile.
at least some of their fans are smart because they were calling him the best pitcher in the league. It's also funny how stupid some people can be when it comes to sports.
"Travis Ishikwara and Fred Lewis(notes) each had two hits for San Francisco.

In the seventh after Ishikwara reached on his second single of the night, Aaron Rowand(notes) was hit by a pitch and Ishikwara moved to third on a fly out. Uribe lofted his second sacrifice fly of the game to give the Giants took 2-0 lead."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_y...801126&prov=ap
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
OK? They have seen Lee once and Hamels has an ERA over 4. Not impressed with the Reigning CY young winner. And it must be pretty hard to understand this two pitch pitcher since he leads the league in K's and has already surpassed Hamel's total from last year. The truth is they would trade anyone on their team from Lincecum

I would not want any of their players for Timmay. Hamels got hot for the playoffs the rest of the season he was 14-10 with a 3.09 era. Not bad but not Timmay. Howard he swings a big bat but he stikes out (2009-126, 2008-199,2007-199) almost as much as Timmay throws a K (2009-191, 2008-265, 2007-150). And yes Lee was the Cy Young winner last year but lets look at the last 3 season for him 2007 5-8 with a 6.29 era, 2008 22-3/ 2.54, 2009 8-9/ around 3.00. He is not consistant. Not to mention that he was a late add to the Indians last season because another player got hurt.
Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley are the only guys on the Phils that I would be interested in, but there is no way in Gods Green Earth that I would give up Timmay for either of them.
By the way Philly fans. He has 4 primary pitches- Fastball, Curve, Slider, and a Change up. The great thing about Timmay is that he can throw any pitch in any count and mix veolcity, movement, speed and location. That is why he leads the league in K's.
Interesting piece of info:

It is the sixth time this season that Lincecum gave up no earned runs in at least eight innings, which is twice as many as any other pitcher in baseball.
Phillies fans are a complete joke.
Philly fans are more homers than we are. I thought the GIANTS should have signed Ibanez he would helped us out immensely.
Fact: Hamels ERA is 4.42 and Zito's is 4.54...and Zito's our what, 4th best SP?

And on national media, how often have we heard Hamel's name come up as one of the best pitchers in all of MLB? Lincecum? In every discussion.
dont get too worked up about some random philly morons. they live way out on the ESPN east coast. similar to North Korea, they are told west coast sports doesnt exist, and they are the best there is.
lol and there are some Phillies fans who think their 1-2 punch of Lee and Hamels is better than ours in Timmy and Cain. Can't honestly take any of them seriously.
Come on panda. F#ck colorado won again hope they get their @ss kick next series vs. philly.
The "impressive" Hamel stat line for today: 5IP, 6ER, 10Hits. Our lineup isn't exactly Murderer's Row. He got outdueled by Zito!!!
Originally posted by GiantsPC:
The "impressive" Hamel stat line for today: 5IP, 6ER, 10Hits. Our lineup isn't exactly Murderer's Row. He got outdueled by Zito!!!

Hell, every one of our starting pitchers this series had a better stat line than Hamels (even Sadowski).