There are 7 users in the forums

The Official: Timothy Leroy "The Freak" Lincecum Appreciation Thread

Didn't see this out there already. If there already is a Timmy appreciation thread, yall can kick my ass back to WZNT.

Quite simply, I haven't been this elated about one Giants player since Will Clark and Bonds. I love Matt Cain as much as the next person here, but to put it simply, it's Timmy that puts the butts in chairs at AT&T.

Here's to the games best young gun!!!!
TIMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! The guy is just getting better. That changeup is just ridiculous, best changeup in the game by a mile. No one come close to having as many changeup strikeouts than him.
He is Da Man!
Lincecum is a BEAST! I have a buddy who is a huge Dodgers fan, and he admits to watching Lincecum pitch anytime he can.
we'll see what he can do in the playoffs before i appreciate anything....
Originally posted by clicheGuevara:
Lincecum is a BEAST! I have a buddy who is a huge Dodgers fan, and he admits to watching Lincecum pitch anytime he can.

Same here, my Dodger buddy loves Lincecum.

Of course, Lincecum's not as great as Hamel.
Originally posted by GiantsPC:
Same here, my Dodger buddy loves Lincecum.

Of course, Lincecum's not as great as Hamel.

Same here. Even when Timmy didn't have such a great game against the Dodgers this year, my Dodger fan friend admitted to being impressed with him.
So far he's got a lifetime 2.87 ERA.

Yeah I got a mancrush.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
So far he's got a lifetime 2.87 ERA.

Yeah I got a mancrush.

with a 37-13 record.
The only thing negative I can say about Timmy is he needs a haircut. But then again Maybe he is Samson.
  • crzy
The greatest pitcher in the universe. I have a serious mancrush on Timmay
my fav player in sports probably. just edging out patrick willis by a hair.

hes going to cost us some serious dollars in about 3-4 years, but hes well on his way to a HOF career, and if we have another Juan Marichal on our hands, pay the man.

he really does need to cut his hair though...long hair without the death metal beard stubble makes him look a hippie. then again im not so sure he even shaves yet...
btw.....strikeouts via changeup in the major leagues (as of 2 starts previous)

1. Tim Lincecum - 97 k's via changeup

2. Johan Santana - 57 k's via changeup

and Santana is supposed to be the one with the majors best change. not anymore!
Originally posted by SFGiants55:
btw.....strikeouts via changeup in the major leagues (as of 2 starts previous)

1. Tim Lincecum - 97 k's via changeup

2. Johan Santana - 57 k's via changeup

and Santana is supposed to be the one with the majors best change. not anymore!

seen that stat like a year ago and the guy is just a dominating freak. The guy has nearly twice as much change up strikes than the leader before who was considered the chageup king.