There are 3 users in the forums

is jason bay that BIG of a bat for us??

ok hear me outttttttt

we needed a big bat all year
if bay comes..he will be either our best or 2nd best (panda) hitter
but think about it..
bay came from boston where he gets RBI's because..well his team hits in front of him..

us..not AS much

bay hits those homeruns..
well hes in boston..left field isnt that far and right isnt that far..

us..we have a pitchers stadium..

do u guys really think if he comes he will be the BIG bat that we need?

some reason im iffy about him

i want him on the team, dont get me wrong
but i think the onl BIG bat that will consitently play like that..is holliday

what do u guys think?
im not bashing bay..im just saying
i agree.

we really need both Bay and Holliday to become a WS contender, but we cant afford both. i think Bay gets way too much money. if were spending big, make it on Holliday.
Originally posted by SFGiants55:
i agree.

we really need both Bay and Holliday to become a WS contender, but we cant afford both. i think Bay gets way too much money. if were spending big, make it on Holliday.

exactly
bay seems like a 27 homer 80 RBI guy here ..maybe less homers..
i just dont see it for us
If Bay were even a 20 homer 70rbi guy for us it would be an improvement.
Originally posted by BigRon:
If Bay were even a 20 homer 70rbi guy for us it would be an improvement.

but i rather have holliday

most fans get a hard on for the thought of bay but i just dont see it

if uribe played all year he woulda had 20+ homers and 70 rbi
Holiday ain't comin. Why would he leave ST Louis and Pujols. He isn't a number 1 type guy. He needs to be in someones shadow. Pablo's doesn't extend far enough
Originally posted by BigRon:
Holiday ain't comin. Why would he leave ST Louis and Pujols. He isn't a number 1 type guy. He needs to be in someones shadow. Pablo's doesn't extend far enough

i just have a bad feeling about Bay in the bay
Originally posted by Poncho707:
ok hear me outttttttt

but think about it..
bay came from boston where he gets RBI's because..well his team hits in front of him..

Maybe true, but he had over 100 rbi's twice with the Pirates

Small sample size but he's hit .318 with 2 HR in 12 games at AT&T. And he hit 21 of his 36 away from Fenway this year.

what do u guys think?
You can make the argument that any hitter's numbers will drop coming into our park. Jason Bay is proven. Whether it's in our best interests to spend that much money on any hitter is definitely debatable. But I think he'll produce.
but its just like.. rowand was a proven hitter when we got him..and now look at him..

then garko was proven...u know how that went..

its just hard to think about us ever getting someone good :(
but its just like.. rowand was a proven hitter when we got him..and now look at him..

then garko was proven...u know how that went..

its just hard to think about us ever getting someone good :(

Those guys were not proven compared to Bay. We're talking about a guy who hit 36 HR/119 RBI this year. Home run totals by season of.... 26-32-35-21-31-36. Rowand had two seasons over 15 HR before coming here. Garko had one.

I'm not even advocating for us to go get him, but he's definitely on different level than Rowand and Garko. If he came here, I think he'd produce.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Those guys were not proven compared to Bay. We're talking about a guy who hit 36 HR/119 RBI this year. Home run totals by season of.... 26-32-35-21-31-36. Rowand had two seasons over 15 HR before coming here. Garko had one.

I'm not even advocating for us to go get him, but he's definitely on different level than Rowand and Garko. If he came here, I think he'd produce.

I agree. I would welcome Bay to the Bay
ok hear me outttttttt

but think about it..

us..not AS much

us..we have a pitchers stadium..

what do u guys think?

Poncho,

Good observations. Plus bay can't field that well.

The biggest thing to me signing holliday or bay, is all that money$$$$$. Because the simple fact is we need money to keep Lince, Cain...etc.

Dealing with boras will kill us, and hurt our future money. One guy will not do it for us. Signing a few other guys instead at lower dollars should do it. Beltra, Johnson...etc. I heard Nady might be ok, but not sure after surgery.
^^ yes i agree
i would love bay, dont get me wrong
but i guarantee we will over pay and he wont play to the superstar supergod expectations we all have since he would finally be a big name guy
Yep, and when was the last time a guy came here and did even better. Most regress, just look at who we have rowand, rent, zito...etc.
I don't think he would be the power bat we need, but he would definitely be an upgrade to almost everyone except Panda. If we do get him, I just hope we don't overpay