There are 3 users in the forums

Giants 4th Outfielder

Who does anyone think should be the Giants 4th outfielder in 2010 ? I'm hoping we sign at least Mike Cameron, and then hopefully Bowker fights for the 3rd spot. If he doesn't shine in spring training, then maybe the 4th outfielder. I see it as bowker/nate/velez/torres. Hopefully our hitting coach can help these guys get it right in 2010. But perhaps we will sign or trade for 2 outfielders, and perhaps some of these guys will in a trade.
what is your idea for the starting spots. Rowand is in Center. Nate will probably be given RF. LF is up for grabs right now.
Originally posted by BigRon:
what is your idea for the starting spots. Rowand is in Center. Nate will probably be given RF. LF is up for grabs right now.

What about Velez?
Originally posted by BigRon:

Well, since we are stuck with Rowand, then I guess he would be out CF. If we could get Mike Cameron, he would be cheaper then bay or holliday (although, I prefer holliday). I say, let nate and bowker fight it out for right field. Since whom ever has a better average in spring training is how bochy gives positions (remember burrass), then let it be proven this spring. Again that is if they are not in a trade of some kind. I don't see lewis staying around, so torres and velez could fight for the 5th outfielder, if we will still have one.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What about Velez?

If our new hitting coach keeps working with velez, he could be a decent backup, just don't see him and as a starter. But weirder things have happened (like bochy being resigned).
I was thinking that these are the names that we should be pursuing in FA.

LF Jermain Dye.

3rd Base Chone Figgins moving Panda to 1st with Bowker or Ishi Backing him there.
Dye would be the 1-2 year signing and Figgins the 3-5 year guy. Then see where this team is at.

And HONESTLY, I would like to see Rowand move to RF and put Nate's free ranging glove in Center.

Rowand is too slow imho and you need speed at Center to cover more ground allowing the Corners to play outside more.

I like Bay but he's going to command ALOT of dough. Dye is old at 35 yes. But he's still serviceable and SHOULD come cheap since he hit .258 last season. Figgins hit's .291 Lifetime so I think that he would be a solid addition to the Lineup.

Oh and can we PLEASE stop playing guys out of their Natural positions? That's what I want for XMas. A team that is put together of solid players from top to bottom. Yeah I suggested moving Panda and Nate but those guys are naturals for the positions that I suggested. Putting Velez in the outfield is NOT a good thing. He's got the speed but the arm just isn't there. On top of that we need someone who has the instincts to gun down the runner in scoring position when they think they should attempt the plate. I don't see Eugenio being THAT guy. He's best suited for the Infield.

~Ceadder