There are 3 users in the forums

Why We Need Nick Johnson

Some reasons, why I like Nick Johnson, over all other possible, 1st/3rd baseman signing/trades ideas.

Johnson, while playing for the Nationals and Marlins, had the highest on-base percentage of the 51 free agents who had at least 300 plate appearances last season.

In fact, his .426 OBP was the third highest in the majors behind only Joe Mauer's .444 and Albert Pujols .443.

Johnson also saw 4.36 pitches per plate appearance, the most of any free agent and the third highest in the majors behind Jayson Werth's 4.51 and Kevin Youkilis' 4.41.

One final note: Johnson was difficult to retire even when he trailed in the count. His .375 OBP with two strikes was the highest in the majors among hitters who had at least 300 plate appearances.

Johnson, is what the Giants need, badly. Maybe, his plate discipline, will rub off onto the other players, like a disease. A good disease to have, for this team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/10357594
It'd be nice to have a guy who gets on base like him but I just can't get excited over Nick freaking Johnson. Sorry bro.
You don't have to get excited, just as long as you know, he is a good answer.
  • LUser
Until he gets hurt. Happens every year.

I'd like to see his # of games played stats rather than what he does on the field when he's there.

He also will be the next in line for the title "Giant's corner infielder with 0 POP."

If he's going to be protection for the Panda he has to rake in runs not get on base and take pitches.

Adam Dunn 10 million was the call. Instead we pay 9 mil to Rent and let Uribe walk.

Oh, and reward Sabe's with 2 more years!
Originally posted by LUser:
Until he gets hurt. Happens every year.

I'd like to see his # of games played stats rather than what he does on the field when he's there.

He also will be the next in line for the title "Giant's corner infielder with 0 POP."

If he's going to be protection for the Panda he has to rake in runs not get on base and take pitches.

Adam Dunn 10 million was the call. Instead we pay 9 mil to Rent and let Uribe walk.

Oh, and reward Sabe's with 2 more years!

He would need to bat in front of Panda due to his OBP. not after. Games played and ABs per games played need to be a part of the contract. Too easy to bring in a guy for a pinch hit and it counts as a game played. It also counts as a game played to be introduced and then replaced prior to the players ab. (this is during the game)