There are 4 users in the forums

Bay doesn't want to play here

According to Gammons we want Jason Bay but he doesn't want us:

Gammons said that Jason Bay "does not want to play in San Francisco, pure and simple," in spite of the fact that the Giants would be willing to offer Bay the five-year contract that he is apparently seeking.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/1...e-red-sox.html

Thoughts?
he sucks anyways
Yep, he is not worth it, I'm glad he doesn't want to play for the Giants. It would be a waste of $$$$.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Yep, he is not worth it, I'm glad he doesn't want to play for the Giants. It would be a waste of $$$$.

LOL we'd have to overpay but if we signed him you guys would be hella happy. You'd all be like "he's the big bat we need, blah blah blah blah". Sure he's not Bonds but if we set the bar that high nobody is ever going to reach it. 36 HRs and 119 RBIs isn't a waste of money even if it comes from a hitter friendly park.
  • LUser
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
LOL we'd have to overpay but if we signed him you guys would be hella happy. You'd all be like "he's the big bat we need, blah blah blah blah". Sure he's not Bonds but if we set the bar that high nobody is ever going to reach it. 36 HRs and 119 RBIs isn't a waste of money even if it comes from a hitter friendly park.

You said It! and so did he evidently according the "rumors" reported 3rd hand by Gammons.

We would have to overpay for anyone because that is what we've established ourselves as doing.

We can't be fiscally frugal now because quality talent recognizes the amoumt of bad money we've currently committed keeps us from being competitive on the field.

If I were a LF like Bay, or Holliday why would I take the same or less to come here and labor to carry an inferior team when I can sign for the same $ with a team with complimentry talent and compete for a title rather than compete with the legacy of Bonds? It's too much pressure for too little adulation. No one wants the job.
if we get bay the fans are gonna bi*ch when he doesnt produce his usual numbers
Originally posted by Poncho707:
if we get bay the fans are gonna bi*ch when he doesnt produce his usual numbers

And for good reason. We would be giving him a contract based on his past production. Most of us know he won't produce the same numbers for the Giants. Probably more doubles, than home runs. But also a terrible fielder. He is just not worth it, we could get Cameron and Johnson for his yearly income. And if he doesn't really want to play for our team, even more reason not to sign him.