There are 2 users in the forums

Giants Sign 1st Baseman Aubrey Huff

The San Francisco Giants and first baseman Aubrey Huff agreed to a one-year contract pending a physical, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press on Sunday night.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2010Jan...tsHuff,00.html

With Ish as backup I would think, hopefully they both do well, and help us to the playoffs.
  • LUser
Well I guess this is OK although it seems we can't shop anywhere but the bargain aisle.

At least we filled a need position here and now own the most versatile defensive lineup in the bigs.

I'm sure Bruce will be busy with all the pencil possible permutations and will exhaust all the orders and alignments within the 1st month so absolutely no one will know where they are in either when they show up at the park each game.

I can't wait.
i like itttt
Originally posted by Poncho707:
i like itttt

Me too. And he was cheap, only 3 mil. It also gives Ish time to get better, and hone his skills. I think with ladouch, he wouldn't have seen as much playing time. One year, if Huff has a good year we could resign him, or perhaps Ish might be ready, or we can get someone else if Huff doesn't do what I want him to do.
Stupid signing. Makes no sense. Ishikawa had better numbers than Huff last year. Waste of time signing.
  • LUser
Originally posted by BigRon:
Stupid signing. Makes no sense. Ishikawa had better numbers than Huff last year. Waste of time signing.

More a waste of money than time. I realize there could be potential upside with him if he's healthy but he or someone similar would have been available as a non-roster invitee.

I hope they bring in a Mike Jacobs or a Richie Sexson type re-tread to compete as well as Huff. The more pressure you put on him the better.