There are 5 users in the forums

When would you consider Lincecum to be a lock for HOF?

I know I'm getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of myself here, but I just want to put the question out there. With two Cy Young awards in his first two seasons, Timmy is already in rare territory. Assuming this greatness continues, at what point would you consider Lincecum a lock for the HOF? Hypothetically speaking, let's say he wins a 3rd Cy next season. Unless he becomes complacent with his higher (or God forbid he gets injured), I would expect him to contend for the Cy Young award the next few seasons. Would you call him a lock if he were to get 4 or 5 Cy Youngs and then calls it a career before he turns 30? I know it sounds dumb, but I wanted to see what you all thought.
His 3rd CY, with 10 more seasons, with above stats, should about do it. Of course we will still lead the league in K's, but that is expected.
After he completes his tenth full Season. Before that he isn't eligible.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I know I'm getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of myself here, but I just want to put the question out there. With two Cy Young awards in his first two seasons, Timmy is already in rare territory. Assuming this greatness continues, at what point would you consider Lincecum a lock for the HOF? Hypothetically speaking, let's say he wins a 3rd Cy next season. Unless he becomes complacent with his higher (or God forbid he gets injured), I would expect him to contend for the Cy Young award the next few seasons. Would you call him a lock if he were to get 4 or 5 Cy Youngs and then calls it a career before he turns 30? I know it sounds dumb, but I wanted to see what you all thought.

You're saying IF he wins 4-5 CYs in 7yrs (retiring by 30). He would be similar to Koufax, where he was very dominant for a short amount of time (sorry for the Dodger comparison, but its appropriate). Koufax won 3 CYs, one MVP and two runner-up MVPs. If Lincecum performs like this, I would have to think he gets into the HOF.
whens pablo ready for HOF? :)
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Just for the Record. If he called it a career at 30. He would not be eligible for the Hall due to length of service.