There are 3 users in the forums

$6,000,000 man need new bionic arm.

• LUser
Fragile Freddy Sanchez is breaking down already and needs left shoulder sugery.

I wonder how long he'll be on the shelf with various maladies this season.

I would venture to guess Uribe will end up starting more games than either Rent or Sanch this year and may out produce both guys while making a fraction of their money.

Sabean sure persues guys who end up costing us big money and either come up lame or are just lame.

I say start Velez at second base and bench the Franchez untile he hits his way into the line-up.
The only reason SF resigned this guy was to save face for giving away Alderson.

If he doesn't play in at least 140 games this guy will be another of Sabean's bust signings.

I still think Velez and Uribe should be in the lineup but chances of that are low because of the Huff/DeRosa signings.
  • LUser
Originally posted by Operating_Thetan:
The only reason SF resigned this guy was to save face for giving away Alderson.

If he doesn't play in at least 140 games this guy will be another of Sabean's bust signings.

I still think Velez and Uribe should be in the lineup but chances of that are low because of the Huff/DeRosa signings.

I think he's another infatuation of Brian's. Like others such as Rent he sees with rose colored glasses of 5 years ago.

Since giving away a guy who never even played a game with the ML team requires no "saving face" in my opinion.

Sure would rather have a healthy Uggla at 7.8 mil though. Sanchez has alway hit for a a somewhat empty average with little production from the hits.

Clearly his style suits the ballpark but if he can't make it into the line-up regularly it's just a TON of wasted money.

We had to pay 2 mil for 26 spotty injury riddled games last year and then should have only offered 1 year if anything if we needed to "save face".

12 million over 2 years for aging and oft injured "potential" is another headscratcher for Neukom.

Wonder what Molina will think of these scrubs when he's out hitting them at 2 mil less.
Oh, boy. Another position DeRosa can play.
guys, is he worth all this? :(