There are 4 users in the forums

2010 Giants Spring Training thoughts

As Spring Training begins, post your thoughts on the 2010 San Francisco Giants here.

How does the team look?
What do you expect from the Giants this year?
Giants are a jigsaw puzzle. With various pieces that may fit into different holes.
DeRosa, LF, 3rd, 1st
Velez, LF, CF, 2nd
Bowker, LF, 1st
Uribe, 2nd, SS, 3rd,
Pablo, 3rd, 1st, C
Torres, LF, RF, CF
Huff, 1st, RF
Schierholtz, RF, LF
Sanchez, 2nd, 3rd

So many possibilities.
Potential Starting lineup.
Rowand C
Sanchez 2nd/Schierholtz RF
Pablo 3rd
Huff 1st
De Rosa LF
Bengie C
Schierholtz RF/Uribe 2nd
Renteria SS
Pitcher
zito hit fielder lol niceee
Originally posted by Poncho707:
zito hit fielder lol niceee

I wouldn't mind it if Fielder got hit every time he came to bat in the first inning.
pull a jose mesa thing?
Originally posted by Poncho707:
pull a jose mesa thing?

nah, each pitcher not just one. We will carry 11 pitchers. Let them all have a shot. hahahahaha
  • LUser
Originally posted by BigRon:
I wouldn't mind it if Fielder got hit every time he came to bat in the first inning.

I'd rather have him get hits as a Giant.

I was behind the idea of trading Cain for him two off-seasons ago when they considered it.

Would you really be hating on him if he was on the Giants and did the same thing? How is it different then "one flap down"? Or the Bonds Pirouette he pulled back in the late 90's?

And before you bring up the dustup he had with Capuano in the dugout last year or the farce of trying to get at Mota in LA last year think about Bonds/Kent?

Basically he plays hard and wants to win. I don't like choreogrphed celebrations like the "fun bunch" but Merkin got released for a reason and Howry was the guy who really wanted to get Prince back.

Neither of the bums was around to see it so what was gained other than us never having a chance at him dialing shots into the cove?

Tell me who, other tha A-gon who I doubt the Padres will let come here and Ryan Howard who is locked up a while, would be a better fit to anchor a lineup at ATT.

Well now he's off the list too.

Add to that, Macha supposedly apologized to Bochy for the thing at the winter meetings.
vs. Arizona

CF Rowand
SS Renteria
3B Sandoval
1B Huff
C Molina
LF Bowker
RF Velez
2B Downs
P J. Sanchez, J. Martinez, etc.

At Milwaukee

CF Torres
LF Lewis
RF Schierholtz
SS Uribe
C Whiteside
3B Rohlinger
2B Frandsen
1B Pill
P Pucetas. Kim, etc.
Originally posted by LUser:
I'd rather have him get hits as a Giant.

I was behind the idea of trading Cain for him two off-seasons ago when they considered it.

Would you really be hating on him if he was on the Giants and did the same thing? How is it different then "one flap down"? Or the Bonds Pirouette he pulled back in the late 90's?

And before you bring up the dustup he had with Capuano in the dugout last year or the farce of trying to get at Mota in LA last year think about Bonds/Kent?

Basically he plays hard and wants to win. I don't like choreogrphed celebrations like the "fun bunch" but Merkin got released for a reason and Howry was the guy who really wanted to get Prince back.

Neither of the bums was around to see it so what was gained other than us never having a chance at him dialing shots into the cove?

Tell me who, other tha A-gon who I doubt the Padres will let come here and Ryan Howard who is locked up a while, would be a better fit to anchor a lineup at ATT.

Well now he's off the list too.

Add to that, Macha supposedly apologized to Bochy for the thing at the winter meetings.

jeffrey leonard lives in my town and came to my games and complimented me after each game..everyone loves him here
  • LUser
Originally posted by BigRon:
vs. Arizona

CF Rowand
SS Renteria
3B Sandoval
1B Huff
C Molina
LF Bowker
RF Velez
2B Downs
P J. Sanchez, J. Martinez, etc.

At Milwaukee

CF Torres
LF Lewis
RF Schierholtz
SS Uribe
C Whiteside
3B Rohlinger
2B Frandsen
1B Pill
P Pucetas. Kim, etc.

The tale of two lineups for sure. Wonder how Uribe felt holding it all down for short-timers while they got smoked. Joe Ma got pretty lit. by the Dbacks too. Still the A group is 4-0.

Burriss is not coming north but Bowker might beat out the Pharoah even if he's crowded out at first.
Jonathan Sanchez, who struck out five batters and walked none in three scoreless innings, was most pumped about picking off Ryan Theriot. Runners stole 24 bases on Sanchez's watch last year, most in the league, and he has a better move to first, with help from pitching coach Dave Righetti. "You like it, huh?" a smiling Sanchez told a reporter who asked about the pickoff. ...

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0htUQMk7M
The team has been rather impressive lately but Still looking at too many youngsters. Bochy really needs to start focusing on building the endurance of our regular 12. I know Sanchez won't be ready for Opening Day, and that there is a battle going on for the 5th outfielder as well as the 2nd utility infielder.
DeRosa is finally playing, Lewis is looking lost and Rentawreck still can't hit. 33 or so more games in Spring training, I hope we can get some answers.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=5002750

"Outfielder Elijah Dukes was released by the Washington Nationals on Wednesday, a sudden move with 2 1/2 weeks left in spring training."

Would you want to take a chance on the guy? Do you think it would be a good fit?
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=5002750

"Outfielder Elijah Dukes was released by the Washington Nationals on Wednesday, a sudden move with 2 1/2 weeks left in spring training."

Would you want to take a chance on the guy? Do you think it would be a good fit?

id love him.
hes raw powerrrrr

On a side note, has there been any games on tv? i searched on my AT&T dish thingy and found 2 games coming up and im recording them
I have not seen any yet. Just been reading summaries online.