There are 8 users in the forums

Frandsen to Red Sox for ???????????

• LUser
Kevin Frandsen - 2B - Boston Red Sox Free Agent Friday Mar. 26, 2010
Red Sox acquired INF Kevin Frandsen from the Giants for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Frandsen, 27, hit .295/.352/.438 at Triple-A Fresno last year and will add depth to the Red Sox' infield either in the minors or at the major league level. He's 9-for-40 this spring with five RBI and a walk. Mar. 26 - 3:20 pm et
It will probably be cash. I doubt we will get a body out of this.
  • LUser
Originally posted by BigRon:
It will probably be cash. I doubt we will get a body out of this.

What about a cadaver? or Mike Lowell I think they are intent on euthanasia with him.
Originally posted by LUser:
What about a cadaver? or Mike Lowell I think they are intent on euthanasia with him.

Too bad its not Youthnasia for him
wonder if he'll become anything there. with all the talent they buy it'll be hard getting in the lineup
*UGH!*

Another player traded for "Player or Cash"

Who the hell is running this team? I feel like they're 9 years old and just not making solid trades.

Yeah we couldn't get much for either Frandsen or Lewis but in Lewis's case we should have gotten more or sent somebody down to make room for him. The guy is pretty solid on the base path. How disappointing.

I expected that we had to trade the guy but this is Garbage. At the least the guy that Toronto sent down could have come to us and we could have sent HIM to the minors. If not move on there are 22 other teams in the league. I can't see helping this Division, ever.

~Ceadder
  • LUser
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
*UGH!*

Who the hell is running this team? I feel like they're 9 years old and just not making solid trades.

Yeah we couldn't get much for either Frandsen or Lewis but in Lewis's case we should have gotten more or sent somebody down to make room for him. The guy is pretty solid on the base path. How disappointing.

I expected that we had to trade the guy but this is Garbage. At the least the guy that Toronto sent down could have come to us and we could have sent HIM to the minors. If not move on there are 22 other teams in the league. I can't see helping this Division, ever.

~Ceadder

You play the hand you're dealt.

He was moveable and keepable. Would it hurt the team to put him on the bench and let him sulk?

Is it better to let him go and keep the team as it is when playing well?

At 29 he had maxxed out his contribution here while he may be able to re-emerge in the AL in a dome where his outfield deficiencies will be masked. If so we'll get a body back instead of the bag of balls.

If sabes didn't crowd the roster both 40 & 25 with locked players we could have saved him but to what purpose. The only thing that would have made sense is cutting Medders and carrying 11 pitchers all year.

Lewis wasn't going to outplay any body else on the current roster.
He could outplay Torres, with his eyes closed. An another mistake by management.
  • LUser
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
He could outplay Torres, with his eyes closed. An another mistake by management.

Freds problem is that he played left field LIKE his eyes were closed.

Torres though older has a FAR better glove and defensive instincts. Do we need that over Fred's better hitting?

Maybe, maybe not. Bottom line is someone had to go. As I mentioned earlier this team is increasingly latin flavored and Torres is tight with the Panda.

I think Fred could have helped in situations but his days starting in the field are numbered The writing was on the wall all pre-season and he'll be better off with a fresh start. He needs to be in a lineup and would be uncomfortable in a bench role better suited to Torres.

Whether he'll be comfotable in the AL facing 2-0 breaking balls I highly doubt.
Fred actually played above average LF. Granted most left do not field well. Guys like Manny, Dunn, Bay...etc. But at least Fred can hit and get on base. Torres still has not hit the ball this year. Either way, it's too late, but Fred was worth more than cash or a PTBNL.
  • LUser
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Fred actually played above average LF. Granted most left do not field well. Guys like Manny, Dunn, Bay...etc. But at least Fred can hit and get on base. Torres still has not hit the ball this year. Either way, it's too late, but Fred was worth more than cash or a PTBNL.

I guess every other GM in the league doesn't agree, and hasn't changed their mind since the winter meetings when we began shopping him.
I'm in agreement with everything you said. But just cause I agree with A trade doesn't mean I agreed with THIS trade.

I'm tired of the bag of peanuts and a beer trades. Get something in return or send someone down and hold off for a bit.

I mean we COULD have sent Bowker down(I think he still has an option left) platooned Nate and Torres kept Lewis and used both for spot duty in Center and Left if worse came to worse.

Now Rowand is out for at least 2 weeks and DeRosa is gimpy.

Would have been nice not to have to call someone up.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by LUser:
You play the hand you're dealt.

He was moveable and keepable. Would it hurt the team to put him on the bench and let him sulk?

Is it better to let him go and keep the team as it is when playing well?

At 29 he had maxxed out his contribution here while he may be able to re-emerge in the AL in a dome where his outfield deficiencies will be masked. If so we'll get a body back instead of the bag of balls.

If sabes didn't crowd the roster both 40 & 25 with locked players we could have saved him but to what purpose. The only thing that would have made sense is cutting Medders and carrying 11 pitchers all year.

Lewis wasn't going to outplay any body else on the current roster.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
*UGH!*

~Ceadder

We should have kept Ned Colletti as GM and let go of Sabean. Ned is doin a great job over there wth the dodgers.
Originally posted by GiantCoke:
We should have kept Ned Colletti as GM and let go of Sabean. Ned is doin a great job over there wth the dodgers.

In todays instance I'll give Sabes the BotD. Other than the money aspect this was not a bad trade. Got another Reliever and another Pitching Prospect. That's fine with me. Now he's got a month to get 1 or 2 more hitters in here. Huff is pretty solid but he can't do it all by himself. Posey was ready to come up and honestly we should never have signed Benji during the offseason. That money could have gone elsewhere and we'd be more solid for it. We COULD HAVE had Jermaine Dye instead of DeRosa. We STILL can get him right now. And then if we want another bat find a team willing to deal.

I'm still miffed that we took on a guy that basically played 1 month and then had to go ride the pine. Can't even use him as a bench player. I don't know how that signing even made it past the League's doctors let alone our own.

This is an agonizingly painful season imho.

~Ceadder