There are 3 users in the forums

Should we regret trading lewis?

Now that Rowand is hurt, i HATE seeing torres..and i soo dont want him to take rowands spot..

we just traded lewis, but i think if we didnt trade him, he would of came up maybe

idk..

i just hate seeing torres..
  • LUser
Originally posted by Poncho707:
Now that Rowand is hurt, i HATE seeing torres..and i soo dont want him to take rowands spot..

we just traded lewis, but i think if we didnt trade him, he would of came up maybe

idk..

i just hate seeing torres..

How about Gino?

He's hit two late bombs already that would have won or tied games had we the guts to cut bait on Brandon Medders.

He should not be allowed to pitch from the 7th on. He's a bl;owout inning eater until he shows something.
i forgot about him in CF

but now derosa is hurt..LF..
I think this is a wait and see situation. I hate that right after Sabes trades a guy, that a negative impacts a Starter that the guy traded could have helped soften the outcome. But now Lewis is gone and we won't get a damn thing for him.

I'm not going to run out into traffic freaking out. But I'm just a tad concerned.

~Ceadder
  • LUser
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I think this is a wait and see situation. I hate that right after Sabes trades a guy, that a negative impacts a Starter that the guy traded could have helped soften the outcome. But now Lewis is gone and we won't get a damn thing for him.

I'm not going to run out into traffic freaking out. But I'm just a tad concerned.

~Ceadder

Obviously in hindsight the move will hurt.

If Fred does get it together and become a serviceable player for the Jays we'll get a low level prospect.

That doesn't help us now but I am happy with the rotation of outfielders we can use and only Torres will have less impact at the plate than keeping Lewis. Would you really prefer him to Bowker? I mean, we are playing to win this season.

Why Matt Downs is coming up to replace an outfielder is the question now? What is he going to do?

Darren Ford looked damn good in spring and could be everything Lewis never became. I'd give him a shot.

Wasn't he a "player to be named" in the Durham deal? Sometimes they're not all bad.
^^ i was going to say i hope we get a deal like the durham-ford deal

i wanna see ford right now! :(
he leads the AL in hits for may with 20.. hitting above 300.. he is rackin up doubles

i knew this guy was a gamer but im happy to see him finally be sucessful
why would u hate to see Torres? especially you dont want him to take over for Rowand?! wow...
Trading Freddy was good for the team. We need to see less of rowand in the leadoff spot and more of him in the 5 hole. Let Torres lead off with Nate batting 2nd.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
why would u hate to see Torres? especially you dont want him to take over for Rowand?! wow...

this was posted when torres was hitting like 001. and didnt contribute at all. hes coming around now, but thats now
Lewis current stats:

BA HR RBI OBP SLG
.290 2 14 .323 .460

I usually bash Sabean any chance I get, but Lewis did absolutely nothing in his ABs here. I think he would have continued to underachieve without a new environment.
Originally posted by Operating_Thetan:
Lewis current stats:

BA HR RBI OBP SLG
.290 2 14 .323 .460

I usually bash Sabean any chance I get, but Lewis did absolutely nothing in his ABs here. I think he would have continued to underachieve without a new environment.

Don't forget Freddys 35Ks in 100ABs
I would take Freddie's 35k's in 100 cuts right now.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by BigRon:
Don't forget Freddys 35Ks in 100ABs

Originally posted by Poncho707:
this was posted when torres was hitting like 001. and didnt contribute at all. hes coming around now, but thats now

Fair enough I won't pile on then. But regardless of what one thinks of Torres I really couldn't stand Lewis's defense and I highly doubt I will EVER regret the Giants dealing him.
what happened with Lewis anyway? everyone was raving about him then all of a sudden he was in the doghouse.