Wednesday, April 21 - @Padres - 3:35 pm - Wellemeyer vs Garland

Discuss.
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
Monday, April 19 - @Padres - 7:05 pm - Cain vs Richard
Tuesday, April 20 - @Padres - 7:05 pm - Sanchez vs Latos
Wednesday, April 21 - @Padres - 3:35 pm - Wellemeyer vs Garland

Discuss.

Cain vs Richard our 3 against their 3.
Cain is a 1 on almost any other staff. He just needs to do his thing and we can win this game even with the injuries.

Sanchez vs Latos, our 4 against their 4
Sanchez is a good 3 on most staffs. He still seems to be prone to the emotional disturbance of an error or big hit. If we can field well and He can keep the ball in the yard, we win.

Wellemeyer vs Garland. our 5 against their 1.
No need to talk here. Wellemeyer needs to pitch a great game for us to win this. We can hope. I am not giving this to the Padres but....
when do u guys think will be the last straw for wellemeyer and we bring up madbum?

im saying june
Originally posted by Poncho707:
when do u guys think will be the last straw for wellemeyer and we bring up madbum?

im saying june

I wouldn't get my hopes up about MadBum. He isn't right just now. I would think the next starter up will be Pucetas. I don't think we will see Bumgardner prior to Sept.
yeaaa..

Tim Alderson in the minors looks pretty good right now............................................... .............
Time to move on Ponch. Alderson is gone and I doubt he comes up any time soon anyway. I think our vaunted pitching products are way overrated.
  • LUser
Originally posted by BigRon:
Cain vs Richard our 3 against their 3.
Cain is a 1 on almost any other staff. He just needs to do his thing and we can win this game even with the injuries.

Sanchez vs Latos, our 4 against their 4
Sanchez is a good 3 on most staffs. He still seems to be prone to the emotional disturbance of an error or big hit. If we can field well and He can keep the ball in the yard, we win.

Wellemeyer vs Garland. our 5 against their 1.
No need to talk here. Wellemeyer needs to pitch a great game for us to win this. We can hope. I am not giving this to the Padres but....

Last Night Sucked.

So did the night before.

Sanchez will probably win tonight and right the ship but the road is looking grim for the G-men again this year.

I think Bochy has to toughen up. If Padilla got away with intentionally beaning Row and we didn't walk or plunk Man Ram two nights after when it would have been warrented it's a mistake.

They wouldn't have let even a hobbling Bonds see pitches in the same situation so Boch either has to take the opp and chin music Manny or let him pass regardless of moving the runner into SP at 2nd.

You don't let him beat you, especially if you don't use Wilson. No one should beat less than your best pitcher. We lost our edge then, when we didn't win the series for the 1st time all year.

The edge wasn't there last night either.

If Bochy still wants to sleepwalk through games and not light a fire under these guys we won't win road games because of lack of toughness.

If you look at the last few SF/LA series, other than when Velez flipped Russel Martin and Uribe walked them off they have been bullying us for a while.

Pablo got buzzed in that same game and the becnches cleared. We need that knid of edge in big road games and Bochy is too tame to provide it.

I wish we had a firery guy like Bob Brenly running ****.
That's it pack it in. We're done. Shot our wad in the 1st 2 weeks and can't even beat a crappy Padres team. Just pathetic.

I'm the most open minded person you'll ever meet. No way we should be losing to the Padres if Boch was making the right moves.

Rowand get blasted in the face by a KNOWN headhunter and he is the Blahdgers Pitcher? Hit the jerk right back. Fook hitting any other hitter. Hit the fookin pitcher. Pathetic.

5-1 right now and it's doubtful that we take it back. Pathetic.

~Ceadder
pads in 1st now... wow..