There are 5 users in the forums

Official Rockies at Giants series thread - starts 4/30/10

Friday, April 30 - Rockies - 7:15 pm - Zito vs Cook
Saturday, May 1 - Rockies - 1:05 pm - Cain vs Rogers
Sunday, May 2 - Rockies - 1:05 pm - Sanchez vs Chacin

Discuss.
Glad the series is at home. We are an offensive juggernaut at AT&T. On the road we are just naught.

Ron
  • LUser
Home or road, if our pitchers can't beat these scrubs they're tossing out, only Bochy could lose any of these games.
Originally posted by LUser:
Home or road, if our pitchers can't beat these scrubs they're tossing out, only Bochy could lose any of these games.

Unless of Course Boach messes with the lineup. I can't believe he moved Benji back into the clean up spot.

I know his call to pully Lincecum in what should have been a Win is not that bad, but MUCKING WITH THE LINEUP when you don't have to?

Was he not at the last game up until he made the move? I believe in the Righty/Leftie system too since it keeps the guy on the bump slightly off balance should you make a move to PH. But damned if I know WTF he's thinking here.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Unless of Course Boach messes with the lineup. I can't believe he moved Benji back into the clean up spot.

I know his call to pully Lincecum in what should have been a Win is not that bad, but MUCKING WITH THE LINEUP when you don't have to?

Was he not at the last game up until he made the move? I believe in the Righty/Leftie system too since it keeps the guy on the bump slightly off balance should you make a move to PH. But damned if I know WTF he's thinking here.

~Ceadder

Bochy doesn't even know what he's thinking.
Botch is such a non imaginative coach. He could be a Great Pitching coach but as a Manager he truly bites. Having said that we did pretty well in this home stand. 6-3. We could be a contender for real. Our starters, not counting Wellemeyer, are 11-2 with a 1.83 ERA. wow.
  • LUser
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Bochy doesn't even know what he's thinking.

If you don't know what you are thinking how can you outsmart yourself?

Bochy

I have an erratic Sanchez at 80+ pitches who just walked a hitter and allowed a single for a 1st and 3rd situation after 2 were out.

I have Brandon Medders warming with a one run deficit (ok, I know I really don't have to go further than that, but)

Jason Giambi is the lefty hitter at .105 who flied out and HBP. I call for the right handed gas can so I can both pull Sanch before he qualifies and defy my own book stratagy and bring in the guy with the +2 whip

A walk and 3 straight singles later the score is 4-1 and the final out is recorded by running into it at 3rd before the 5th run would have been tallied.

Technically Medders never recorded an out.

BTW Aubrey Huff hit a HR in the ninth.