There are 3 users in the forums

Official Padres at Giants series thread - starts 5/11/10

Sorry all. Forgot to post it.

Tuesday, May 11 - Padres - L 2-3 - Zito vs LeBlanc
Wednesday, May 12 - Padres - 7:15 pm - Cain vs Richard
Thursday, May 13 - Padres - 12:45 pm - Sanchez vs Latos
Man am I the only one that thinks that Boch should not have sent Velez down?

Think I'm wrong?

I know Velez's bat wasn't there, but with him on the team we were hitting. Pads @ Petco is always tough. But in our house and we lose two to those guys? And now DeRosa going to the DL? imho, I'd bring Velez back up and see if we can't spark something.

If we keep this Frankenstein season up then someone better yank the plug out of the wall by All Star break.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Man am I the only one that thinks that Boch should not have sent Velez down?

Think I'm wrong?

I know Velez's bat wasn't there, but with him on the team we were hitting. Pads @ Petco is always tough. But in our house and we lose two to those guys? And now DeRosa going to the DL? imho, I'd bring Velez back up and see if we can't spark something.

If we keep this Frankenstein season up then someone better yank the plug out of the wall by All Star break.

So, what, velez was a good luck charm ? He was like 1 in his last 28 at bats. He sucked, and so does bochy. Bowker should get more at bats, instead of once a week.
I just wonder who the hell gives the Giants players physicals before signing/trading for them.

Both Sanchez and DeRosa are damaged goods. Dropping three to the Pads at home is tough
Giants suck against the Pads, they have for years, it's a sad but true fact. The Pads should fold before the year ends. At least that's how the story goes.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
So, what, velez was a good luck charm ? He was like 1 in his last 28 at bats. He sucked, and so does bochy. Bowker should get more at bats, instead of once a week.

And we got swept by the freakin Padres.

Point is, when Velez was on the team they were hitting.

He's gone, they aren't hitting.

I don't know if he was a lucky charm, I think that he stabilized the team because he quietly went about his business and guys feed off that. Don't dismiss it because of his average.

I agree that Bowker should get more at bats though.

~Ceadder