There are 11 users in the forums

Official Astros at Giants series thread - starts 5/14/10

Ok. That last series was not pretty. Here we go ...

Friday, May 14 - Astros - 7:15 pm - Wellemeyer vs Paulino
Saturday, May 15 - Astros - 1:10 pm - Lincecum vs Oswalt
Sunday, May 16 - Astros - 1:05 pm - Zito vs Myers

Discuss.
  • LUser
Well, we established more ownage on Felipe Paulino.

Considering we actually return to Houston for 3 more in June we may actually sneak into the post season if we can beat them all 9 games.

Too bad we can't get them in the division instead of the Pads.
Let's hope the offense saved some runs for today. I hope Timmy doesn't go 7 give up 2ER and still get a ND or a L.
I haven't posted in a few months.....anyway, Zito is up today! We need to get the bats going now, especially since we have a series with the Padres coming up again.
I really want to see Rowand moved out of the lead-off spot. Once Sanchez gets back I'd like to see Torres - Sanchez - Sandoval....with Rowand batting 5th or 6th
Heck, maybe even put Nate as the lead-off, just not Rowand
  • LUser
Originally posted by clicheGuevara:
Heck, maybe even put Nate as the lead-off, just not Rowand

As much as he is not suited to the role, It's the only one that suits him.

If you look at his career as a Giant and actually most of his time with Philly and the Chisox he only has done well at the top of the order.

After the break last year they hit him there and his average went up 60 points in three weeks.

When they brought him in to hit 3rd it was too much pressure and he proved unable to handle it. When they tried moving him down last year starting with 5 then 6 then 7 he got progressively worse and spent most of September in 8th flailing at pitches off the plate outside. Unhittable pitches never in the zone.

I say leave him there and start watching the game after the first at bat.