There are 8 users in the forums

Pat Burrell Released.

• LUser
Should we bring him in for a look? He may enjoy the NL and LF is pretty small.
I would rather have Bonds back playing LF, over burrell.
i want barry!
Bring back Barry if we're looking at Burell.

Don't know why we can't stick Torres in Left if we're looking at Left fielders though. He has the range and the speed.

~Ceadder
Once Decent Pat Burrell Signs a minor league deal with the Giants. Burrell who owns a career .362 OBP%, his last two years his OBP% is .309. If he keeps velez away that would be a good thing, if he takes bats away from Nate or Bowker, that would be a bad thing. The way bochy thinks burrell will be coming up not matter what. Even if he sucks, bochy likes looking at the back of old baseball cards to make his decisions.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Once Decent Pat Burrell Signs a minor league deal with the Giants. Burrell who owns a career .362 OBP%, his last two years his OBP% is .309. If he keeps velez away that would be a good thing, if he takes bats away from Nate or Bowker, that would be a bad thing. The way bochy thinks burrell will be coming up not matter what. Even if he sucks, bochy likes looking at the back of old baseball cards to make his decisions.

How is that a good thing? Velez CAN play the infield. We're down to SS and 2nd and have no protection should one of them go down early in a game. Or hell both of them. Uribe isn't young anymore and Sanchez JUST got back with the team after a long rehab assignment.

You can point to Velez's bat but his fielding is pretty decent. Wherever Boch puts him. Yeah I know he can cough up an error but that's youth and inexperience. But he's NOT going to get experience in the Minors. He needs to be brought up left up and allowed to prove once and for all if he's the guy that we need in the middle. Personally I think that he would be a hell of a 2nd Baseman. At the time I we picked up Sanchez I wasn't sold on it but he came with credentials that Velez lacked. Aha but then he also came with baggage.

~Ceadder