There are 4 users in the forums

Official Giants at Padres series thread - starts 5/17/10

Monday, May 17 - @Padres - 7:05 pm - Cain vs Richard
Tuesday, May 18 - @Padres - 7:05 pm - Sanchez vs Latos

Giants coming off sweeping the Astros.
Padres coming off being swept by the Dodgers.

Last series against the Padres: We got swept.

Time to win this one!
This is only a two game series, so hopefully with the pads just being swept, things can be different. Hoping for a split at least. But if we can sweep them, maybe that will be end of the pads, and they will sink to the cellar where they belong.
  • LUser
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
This is only a two game series, so hopefully with the pads just being swept, things can be different. Hoping for a split at least. But if we can sweep them, maybe that will be end of the pads, and they will sink to the cellar where they belong.

The Pads won't sink to the cellar, nor do they belong there.

Arizona will be last all year long. Their pitching, both starters and especially relief, is atrocious and they strike out at an alarming rate. No matter how good the young players hit they cant go on winning 20 run games with that bullpen.

When the Rocks get all their pitchers healthy they will probably battle us and LA like last year.

LA's starters are thin but their pen is strong and if they can coax solid innings out of there young guy Ely they'll be back in the race soon.

Tha Padres will be there too if they can score runs early. Their bullpen is lights out.
Originally posted by LUser:
The Pads won't sink to the cellar, nor do they belong there.

Arizona will be last all year long. Their pitching, both starters and especially relief, is atrocious and they strike out at an alarming rate. No matter how good the young players hit they cant go on winning 20 run games with that bullpen.

When the Rocks get all their pitchers healthy they will probably battle us and LA like last year.

LA's starters are thin but their pen is strong and if they can coax solid innings out of there young guy Ely they'll be back in the race soon.

Tha Padres will be there too if they can score runs early. Their bullpen is lights out.

Yeah they are, we need to get some Runs on the board before they get on the bump. Hopefully Velez coming back up will spark a resurgence at the plate. He may not be hitting but before he was sent down the team was hitting. Sometimes you need that guy that just quietly goes about his business even if he's not hitting. Players respect that and feed off it.

~Ceadder
Velez looked terrible in his one AB last night. Either way, is it just me or when the other team scores 2 runs do you guys think ok SF is probably going to drop this game.

I think the fact that a 2 run lead seems insurmountable shows how crap this offense really is. I'm not for selling the farm to bring in a rent a player but why not look into a guy like Dye. Yeah his avg was a little down last year but the power is still there plus you'd have to give up nothing but money to sign him.

I get the feeling that tonight will be the same as last night, another ultra low scoring game that SD will win because they are more aggressive on the bases and have at least one true power threat (Gonzales). I hope Sanchez/SF can pull out the W though.
About time they got a win against the Padres. Now off to Arizona where they should win these two in Arizona and possibly sweep the A's, I see a six game win streak coming.
Yeah Velez looked terrible in his one AB the night before but he got his cuts tonite and the team was the better for it.

Boch needs to settle on a day to day lineup and work around it dammit. I hope he doesn't send Velez down again. Not that E.V. doesn't deserve to be, but he when he's in the lineup and taking cuts the team seems to be a bit looser and play like their hair is on fire. Take Eugenio out and the offense falls to pieces.

Of course Latos was dealin dirt from the bump early, but our guys choked up and made the most out of their cuts. Now THAT is what I like to see.

~Ceadder