There are 3 users in the forums

Official Giants at Diamondbacks series thread - starts 5/19/10

Wednesday, May 19 - @D-backs - 6:40 pm - Wellemeyer vs Kennedy
Thursday, May 20 - @D-backs - 6:40 pm - Lincecum vs Lopez
WTF is wrong with these guys? I'm not going to panic but 1 run and we're down 6 to the freakin DBacks?

SNAP OUT OF IT ALREADY!

This supports my theory even more. Eugenio is a bigger part of this team than people wish to admit. I just wish it weren't this simple. But it's looking more and more like it.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
WTF is wrong with these guys? I'm not going to panic but 1 run and we're down 6 to the freakin DBacks?

SNAP OUT OF IT ALREADY!

This supports my theory even more. Eugenio is a bigger part of this team than people wish to admit. I just wish it weren't this simple. But it's looking more and more like it.

~Ceadder

He was with us 2 games. We won 1 and lost 1. Your theory doesn't hold up. Or perhaps the game we did lose, when he was with us, the guys didn't rub his head for luck. But of course, last night's game they did.

We need a leader, as in a new manager, not a part time minor player.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
He was with us 2 games. We won 1 and lost 1. Your theory doesn't hold up. Or perhaps the game we did lose, when he was with us, the guys didn't rub his head for luck. But of course, last night's game they did.

We need a leader, as in a new manager, not a part time minor player.

Before he was sent down the 1st time this team was hitting and had the best record in the NL. He got sent down and we got swept by the freakin Poodres.

Bring him back up and we split with them and he was an integral part of the split. He only had one AB in the 1st game. You can't blame the loss on him.

He gets sent down and we get shelled for -12 by the DBacks.

Too bad we can't send Boch down and bring Velez up.

The thing is that even with Velez not hitting guys seemed to work with that and put the hits on the board. Kinda like "hey I'll carry you", now that the onus is on them to do well they are forcing things. Sometimes you need that quiet leader that just puts his head down and works through his slump. Who do we have now that does this? Guys respond more to that then people want to believe.

~Ceadder
Wow. That was just terrible.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Before he was sent down the 1st time this team was hitting and had the best record in the NL. He got sent down and we got swept by the freakin Poodres.

Bring him back up and we split with them and he was an integral part of the split. He only had one AB in the 1st game. You can't blame the loss on him.

He gets sent down and we get shelled for -12 by the DBacks.

Too bad we can't send Boch down and bring Velez up.

The thing is that even with Velez not hitting guys seemed to work with that and put the hits on the board. Kinda like "hey I'll carry you", now that the onus is on them to do well they are forcing things. Sometimes you need that quiet leader that just puts his head down and works through his slump. Who do we have now that does this? Guys respond more to that then people want to believe.

~Ceadder

Explain to me how EV, a second year player who has spent very little time in the starting line up, a quiet 'leader'. I thought to be a leader generally you need to have out of this world production or be a veteran with a fair amount of seasons behind you.

I think the biggest problem is that the Giants aren't built to be a power hitting team. The Giants also aren't built to play small ball. They have no speed on the bases and lack timely hitting.

Until SF sticks with an established theory of offense they are going no where. I also agree with you guys on keeping a semi-regular line up.
Originally posted by Operating_Thetan:
Explain to me how EV, a second year player who has spent very little time in the starting line up, a quiet 'leader'. I thought to be a leader generally you need to have out of this world production or be a veteran with a fair amount of seasons behind you.

I think the biggest problem is that the Giants aren't built to be a power hitting team. The Giants also aren't built to play small ball. They have no speed on the bases and lack timely hitting.

Until SF sticks with an established theory of offense they are going no where. I also agree with you guys on keeping a semi-regular line up.

A quiet leader is someone who doesn't have the responsibility and goes about his business without complaint. That's what a quiet leader is. Guys respect that more than you know.

But I do agree that this team needs an identity. We had fairly speedy guys on the roster last season and now they're all but gone. Only we don't have the power either. Early on the team was doing pretty well with the bats even if they couldn't get around the bags (Benji) in front of the other guy. I just want to see them put the ball into play like they did in April. That was exciting and that's what I expect from a team with very little power.

~Ceadder