There are 4 users in the forums

Official Nationals at Giants series thread - starts 5/25/10

Tuesday, May 25 - Nationals - 7:15 pm - Wellemeyer vs Hernandez
Wednesday, May 26 - Nationals - 7:15 pm - Lincecum vs Atilano
Thursday, May 27 - Nationals - 12:45 pm - Zito vs Stammen
Good thing they haven't called up Strausberg yet. He'd probably no hit the Giants in his first career start
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/sks/1754556592.html
Originally posted by BigRon:

WTF? Hahaha!
Originally posted by BigRon:

Ahhhh makes sense now. We're being paid to make the A's, Padres and Diamondbacks look good.

~Ceadder
ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?!!!!

BOCH you F'N Meatball. Huff in Left, Uribe at 3rd and Panda at 1st base?!!! WTF?!!!

That dude just needs to be handed his pink slip and get the hell out of our dugout. this AIN'T Little League. It's no wonder Sabean has little choice but to trade guys and send serviceable ones to the minors. Boch is old and senile and thinks he's coaching a little league team. I wish I had Neusome's ear right now cause this crap wouldn't be happening if I did.

Right now with absolutely NO experience under my belt, I'm a better Manager than Boch. This guy is mind numbingly frustrating beyond all belief.

~Ceadder
4 Runs is considered an offensive explosion for SF hahaha
Originally posted by Operating_Thetan:
4 Runs is considered an offensive explosion for SF hahaha

At this point I'll take 4 runs. Even if they were against Livan.

Cause I'm looking back at the 1 run over 24 innings and shaking my head in disbelief. I mean it's not even a month removed from a hell of an April to start the season. And the ONE thing I know to be true is that Boch needs to stop micromanaging the Lineup.

We started out on a hell of a tear. Until we went into that Buzzsaw known as Petco and right after that Boch whipped out his pencil and lineup card, and went to work dismantling the order. Sure he had made minor changes up to that point. But that's to be expected. He essentially showed his hitters that he had no faith in them. You can NEVER do that as a Manager. It just should not happen. Even in the sky is falling atmosphere that is San Francisco.

~Ceadder
  • LUser
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
At this point I'll take 4 runs. Even if they were against Livan.

Cause I'm looking back at the 1 run over 24 innings and shaking my head in disbelief. I mean it's not even a month removed from a hell of an April to start the season. And the ONE thing I know to be true is that Boch needs to stop micromanaging the Lineup.

We started out on a hell of a tear. Until we went into that Buzzsaw known as Petco and right after that Boch whipped out his pencil and lineup card, and went to work dismantling the order. Sure he had made minor changes up to that point. But that's to be expected. He essentially showed his hitters that he had no faith in them. You can NEVER do that as a Manager. It just should not happen. Even in the sky is falling atmosphere that is San Francisco.

~Ceadder

The Phillies bats went AWOL for a similar stretch this week so even better lineups can struggle.

Our hitters have no faith in themselves other than Uribe, Huff, Molina and Sandoval and now Sanchez.

None have had a long period of success in the bigs so they will not be confident until they fell they belong here by overcoming their doubts.

Sure it would be nice if Boch could leave them in a regular position in the field and batting order for a few weeks to find a comfort zone but as you say "the sky is always falling" due to the expectations they've raised and failed to meet so often.

Add to that the revolving DLoor of injuries and the fact that the anchor of the lineup is Uribe, a non-roster invitee from 2009.

I'd like to see him use this for a month and see.

1) Rowand/CF. Tell him he will sit if he doesn't hit consistently.
2) Sanchez/2b. Tell him getting runners in with less thn 2 out is more important then getting a hit.
3) Pablo/3b. Tell him to drop 30 from his waist/ layoff pitches above the waist or drop him 1 order spot per month.
4) Uribe/SS Tell him to keep it up. Shift to 3b and Huff to left and Pablo to 1st If/When Rent returns.
5) Huff/1b Tell him he'll earn an extension with 90+ rbi.
6) Nate/Bowker/RF Tell them they will alternate until one runs with the job.
7) Molina/C Tell him to pick it up or he's being traded.
8) Pitcher. Molina will clog the bases anyway so sacrificng or ending the inning doesnt much matter.
9) Torres/ LF Best OBP and speed.

Tell Derosa to get the surgery.
Tell Rent he rides pine upon return until he hits his way into the lineup as PH/util.

Hopefully he wll and the least productive current starter will go.