There are 5 users in the forums

POSEY BROUGHT UP - PLAYS TONIGHT

Future Hall of Famer Buster Posey has been brought to play against the dbacks. Let the run to the WS start (after we get rid of bochy).

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=64652
Once Decent Pat Burrell Signs a minor league deal with the Giants. Burrell who owns a career .362 OBP%, his last two years his OBP% is .309. If he keeps velez away that would be a good thing, if he takes bats away from Nate or Bowker, that would be a bad thing. The way bochy thinks burrell will be coming up not matter what. Even if he sucks, bochy likes looking at the back of old baseball cards to make his decisions.
Sorry Posey fans but this is stupid.

4 catchers
NO Utility Infielders
2 Middle Infielders

Downs sent down. Another arm brought back up.

Bochy looking even more ignorant? Priceless.

God someone please please please stop this Merrygoround I wanna get off.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Sorry Posey fans but this is stupid.

4 catchers
NO Utility Infielders
2 Middle Infielders

Downs sent down. Another arm brought back up.

Bochy looking even more ignorant? Priceless.

God someone please please please stop this Merrygoround I wanna get off.

~Ceadder

Well, I agree, this is going to cost the Giants more money later on, like it did with Lincecum. But Bochy and sabean are idiots, so we can't do anything about that, since they were both given a two year contract. Posey should be brought up, only when he will play catcher full time, and not some other position. We should have signed Smoak instead, if wanted our top prospect to play 1st base.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Well, I agree, this is going to cost the Giants more money later on, like it did with Lincecum. But Bochy and sabean are idiots, so we can't do anything about that, since they were both given a two year contract. Posey should be brought up, only when he will play catcher full time, and not some other position. We should have signed Smoak instead, if wanted our top prospect to play 1st base.

Well to be honest my motivation is not about the money. It's poor team management to have 4 Catchers on a team that is short elsewhere and to send a guy down when he was part of the elsewhere equation. So yeah lets hamstring ourselves by sending a Utility Middle Infielder down and bringing a fourth catcher up and another arm for the Pen which this team doesn't need at THIS time.

To me that's like bringing up another bat when you already have 8 starting hitters who are performing and not having the arms to take you deep into the playoffs. I don't care how good your arms are if they don't get Run support. If we were later into the season and our team needed a fresh arm, okay I see that move. If you have to bring someone up last minute to fill in you can do that.

Boch is throwing out conventional wisdom with these moves. Sucks that they were both extended 2 years. 2 years is 2 years too long.

~Ceadder:drink:
3/4 with 3 RBI's

yeah TERRIBLE MOVE BY SF. WHAT IDIOTS!!!
Originally posted by Operating_Thetan:
3/4 with 3 RBI's

yeah TERRIBLE MOVE BY SF. WHAT IDIOTS!!!

You'll be singing a different tune when he faces someone he's NEVER seen before and one of our injury prone Middle Infielders' goes down.

I'm not saying that it was a bad move to bring Posey up. I'm saying it's a bad move to send Downs down and not have anyone "just in case" behind Uribe and Sanchez. That was stupid. Also having 4 catchers on the roster is not the best move one could make. This team hardly needs two but four is just too much.

I don't think that DeRosa is coming back for awhile. What he has going on is a bit like Carpal Tunnel. That doesn't sort itself out in 2 weeks time. Bringing another arm up instead of keeping Downs or bringing another middle infielder up is NOT smart.

~Ceadder
And I'm not saying Posey can't hit. Everyone knows he can hit. But when we need to sign a big bat, and don't have the money, part of the reason will be because we brought up Posey too early. Same as we did with Lincecum, and than we had to sign him to a big contract one year early.
This Posey character is just plain lousy. He has made 3 outs since he has been up. Time to find some other Golden Child.
Originally posted by BigRon:
This Posey character is just plain lousy. He has made 3 outs since he has been up. Time to find some other Golden Child.

Give time for bochy to bench him, after molina complains and whines.
Right, and here we go. We're in the situation I've been hoping to avoid.

Roh headed to the DL it looks like

Uribe on his own "balky" hamstring

Could move Huff to 2nd and Freddy to SS but that's a drastic move.

Downs just went down what 2... make that 3 days ago?

Afeldt looks like he's goin DL as well.

Rents is going to stay on DL cause we can't activate him.

Yaaaaaay Gigantes. *sigh*

Not complaining about Buster. That's looking like it may be a solid move. Only time will tell.

But seems like nobody is even willing to give Valez a shot in the MI role. Sad thing is that's what he was brought into this club to do. Stop piddle farting around already make the kid work for the spot or trade him. Don't be surprised though if he catches fire with his new team though. His bat is the only legitimate reason he's in AAA ball right now. Everything else is related to playing time. He doesn't get the time cause this team is too worried about starting Bench players at the key positions on the field. Awesome highlight reel plays by Sanchez not withstanding.

~Ceadder