There are 3 users in the forums

Official Giants at Pirates series thread - starts 5/4/10

Friday, June 4 - @Pirates - 4:05 pm - Sanchez vs Duke
Saturday, June 5 - @Pirates - 4:05 pm - Wellemeyer vs Maholm
Sunday, June 6 - @Pirates - 10:35 am - Lincecum vs Ohlendorf

Discuss.
didnt maholm rape us last time?
Over the years two teams have always given us problems. The pads and the Pirates. Both teams have been not been that good, but is doesn't matter, they still hurt us. Some how, even with bochy as our manager, I hope we can beat them, but I'm always scared we when we play them.
  • LUser
Any word of skipping Wellemeyer in Cincy?
Originally posted by LUser:
Any word of skipping Wellemeyer in Cincy?

Why do that? If there is anyplace where Wellemeyer has a good chance for a W it's in Cinci.

~Ceadder
  • LUser
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Why do that? If there is anyplace where Wellemeyer has a good chance for a W it's in Cinci.

~Ceadder

His best and only chance is tomorrow. If he throws in Cincy He'll give up at least 1 hr per inning pitched.

On a positve note the call up of Pat Burrell has lead to this...

Brandon Medders - R - San Francisco Giants Free Agent Friday Jun. 4, 2010
Giants activated RHP Brandon Medders from the 15-day disabled list and designated him for assignment.
Medders had a 3.01 ERA in 61 appearances last season, but he struggled coming out of the gate this year (7.20 ERA in 15 IP) and was placed on the DL last month with what was termed right knee inflammation. Maybe the Diamondbacks, his original organization, will give him another shot.
  • LUser
nice win. 3 different guys with HRs, solid Sanchez
Our part time back up catcher has more home runs than our whining full time catcher. What's with that
haha whiteside has been coming through. i didnt get to watch but i saw the end where torres made that catch (: nooiiiceee
our lineup is so sketchy it might work lol
Worse lineup ever!!
wellemeyer continues to make me hate the fact that madbum isnt here
  • LUser
Originally posted by Poncho707:
wellemeyer continues to make me hate the fact that madbum isnt here

They won't start him in Cincy.

If he can't keep the buccos in PNC there's no way in hell he keeps the reds in the GAP.
wow i totally forgot about joe martinez..what ever happened to him? after the line drive did he just fall out of the group or what?
I heard on the radio Martinez is pitching pretty well in Fresno.

I'd rather call him up and let madbum get a little more seasoning at AAA.

What I don't get is how you move Posey DOWN after the way he has been hitting in the 6 hole.