There are 4 users in the forums

Pablo sandavol

Where can I find a break down of Pablo's batt avg from the right side & left ( 2010 stats only)
Wow. I looked everywhere and could not find something that detailed.
There is no comparison. He's not hitting so they don't need to compile the statistics. When he's hitting on a more consistent basis then you'll find something.

Try compiling your own @ MLB.com

~Ceadder
http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...pa01&year=&t=b

look at the Platoon Splits.
Originally posted by BigRon:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...pa01&year=&t=b

look at the Platoon Splits.

Thx BR. Btw time to give Edgar hid retirement watch?
Originally posted by BillRing:
Thx BR. Btw time to give Edgar hid retirement watch?

Time to give Edgar the Boot. But unfortunately we don't have anyone to play everyday shortstop. Uribe is a 2 or 3 day a week guy. Burriss is almost ready but he isn't the solution. Sabean (lol) needs to focus on a SS but we all know that aint a gonna happen
Time to give Edgar the Boot. But unfortunately we don't have anyone to play everyday shortstop. Uribe is a 2 or 3 day a week guy. Burriss is almost ready but he isn't the solution. Sabean (lol) needs to focus on a SS but we all know that aint a gonna happen

Well why not bite the bullet put Edgar and Juan on the Bench and bring up Velez. He does play in that area, so I can't see why this should be so difficult to think of. His avg. isn't good, but then this could be said about this entire lineup of Hackers. I think we should get him up and give him a shot. If it fails then bring up Burris and platoon him with Edgar til Jaun comes back. Then use Burris and Edgar as Bench players, play Jaun on a 3 game rotation and let him have 2 off. Giving both Burris and Edgar the split of the two days. Say what you want about Velez but the guy can field pretty well. It's his bat that got him sent down. And yes I know he plays 2nd not SS. He's a versatile player though and there isn't much of an adjustment from 2nd to Short imho.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Well why not bite the bullet put Edgar and Juan on the Bench and bring up Velez. He does play in that area, so I can't see why this should be so difficult to think of. His avg. isn't good, but then this could be said about this entire lineup of Hackers. I think we should get him up and give him a shot. If it fails then bring up Burris and platoon him with Edgar til Jaun comes back. Then use Burris and Edgar as Bench players, play Jaun on a 3 game rotation and let him have 2 off. Giving both Burris and Edgar the split of the two days. Say what you want about Velez but the guy can field pretty well. It's his bat that got him sent down. And yes I know he plays 2nd not SS. He's a versatile player though and there isn't much of an adjustment from 2nd to Short imho.

~Ceadder

If we were to bring up Velez, Bochy would move Sanchez to SS and play Velez at 2nd. Velez has proven he isn't a good fielder, baserunner or hitter. Granted he has had his moments in the sun with a couple of game winners, but if the choice is between Velez and Burriss, bring up Burriss who can play both SS and 2nd.
If we were to bring up Velez, Bochy would move Sanchez to SS and play Velez at 2nd. Velez has proven he isn't a good fielder, baserunner or hitter. Granted he has had his moments in the sun with a couple of game winners, but if the choice is between Velez and Burriss, bring up Burriss who can play both SS and 2nd.

No doubt. But at this point and time there isn't a choice. I too would bring Burris up if I had my druthers. But Velez does bring speed with him(Burris does too but still injured) and if green lighted can help us on the bases. I think that he just needs to be put in a position to succeed. And I'm not sure I would disagree with moving Freddie over to SS. But I don't see the need to do that when Velez would be an interim transition to something or someone more stable at the position. Whether he finally showed his worth or not.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
No doubt. But at this point and time there isn't a choice. I too would bring Burris up if I had my druthers. But Velez does bring speed with him(Burris does too but still injured) and if green lighted can help us on the bases. I think that he just needs to be put in a position to succeed. And I'm not sure I would disagree with moving Freddie over to SS. But I don't see the need to do that when Velez would be an interim transition to something or someone more stable at the position. Whether he finally showed his worth or not.

~Ceadder

Velez is not a good base stealer. He is fast though, running down fly balls, and going from 1st to 3rd, but beyond that, not a base runner.