Official Giants at Diamondbacks series thread - starts 7/22/10

Thursday, July 22 - @D-backs - 6:40 pm - Cain vs Lopez
Friday, July 23 - @D-backs - 6:40 pm - Sanchez vs Jackson
Saturday, July 24 - @D-backs - 5:10 pm - Bumgarner vs Kennedy
Sunday, July 25 - @D-backs - 1:10 pm - Lincecum vs Enright
why even bother here :(
Originally posted by Poncho707:
why even bother here :(

True, nobody ever posts. I try, but get mostly views. I try to open a new thread, but only a few response. Boo
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
True, nobody ever posts. I try, but get mostly views. I try to open a new thread, but only a few response. Boo

Same here. I think it would be nice if we had a place to chat. That would bring in more people. The Thread at the Zone is killin but It would be great if we could do it here. Over at NCH, on the same page as the titles is a place to chat. We need that. Not a room but an integrated Chat space.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Same here. I think it would be nice if we had a place to chat. That would bring in more people. The Thread at the Zone is killin but It would be great if we could do it here. Over at NCH, on the same page as the titles is a place to chat. We need that. Not a room but an integrated Chat space.

Well, isn't this place like any other Giant forum ? Where Giant fans go to chat about the team. Some other sites have fans their every day, but not here. If you post they will come, is not true here

Would certainly be nice. Normally I don't do chat. I've got friends whose rigs have expired due to "unknown threats" so I don't risk my gaming rig by chatting a lot. I'd be interested so long as "linking" is a limited feature. Not that I don't trust anyone but well...

Hey how bout that Dontrelle Willis signing. You guys fer or aginst it?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Would certainly be nice. Normally I don't do chat. I've got friends whose rigs have expired due to "unknown threats" so I don't risk my gaming rig by chatting a lot. I'd be interested so long as "linking" is a limited feature. Not that I don't trust anyone but well...

Hey how bout that Dontrelle Willis signing. You guys fer or aginst it?

~Ceadder

I believe Willis has a good record this year against lefties, so he might come in handy in the pen. Of course it depends on how he does in the minors. Besides it would be great using lines from Different Strokes when he pitches.
Willis with a little tweaking, can hopefully be better than average. Anything else is pie in the sky.
Willis with a little tweaking, can hopefully be better than average. Anything else is pie in the sky.

It looks like they may be trying to do a little tweaking.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0ucs9XFx1
It looks like they may be trying to do a little tweaking.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0ucs9XFx1

yeah, I read that. It is also my hope that he can return not just as a reliever this season, but compete for a starters position next year.
yeah, I read that. It is also my hope that he can return not just as a reliever this season, but compete for a starters position next year.

That's asking a lot. I mean even our weak links haven't been slouches on the mound. The only guy that you can really be concerned with anymore is Wellemyer and he's in Triple A. Bum started out Meh, but damn he's an enigma to the hitters he faces. And while Sanchez has been everything but unhittable has been averaging something like 8-10 Ks' a game. Where would we plug Willis in at?

Our Starting Rotation as it is...

Lincecum (had minor funk this season)
Zito (finally proving his worth and not just for us but for another Cy)
Cain (the man deserves the Cy for what he's done)
Bum
Sanchez

This IS the best Starting Rotation in Baseball right now. Analysts cannot have 1 NL pitching conversation pretty much without mentioning 2 of them.

Sabes said he was looking for a Lefty and Willis is a helluva steal for Relief duty. I don't expect that he'll have a shot at a Starter's job unless an injury or a trade happens that takes one off the Rotation. If Sabes trades one of them he better get someone with a big stick and solid Defense for his return or someone is gonna get lynched.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
That's asking a lot. I mean even our weak links haven't been slouches on the mound. The only guy that you can really be concerned with anymore is Wellemyer and he's in Triple A. Bum started out Meh, but damn he's an enigma to the hitters he faces. And while Sanchez has been everything but unhittable has been averaging something like 8-10 Ks' a game. Where would we plug Willis in at?

Our Starting Rotation as it is...

Lincecum (had minor funk this season)
Zito (finally proving his worth and not just for us but for another Cy)
Cain (the man deserves the Cy for what he's done)
Bum
Sanchez

This IS the best Starting Rotation in Baseball right now. Analysts cannot have 1 NL pitching conversation pretty much without mentioning 2 of them.

Sabes said he was looking for a Lefty and Willis is a helluva steal for Relief duty. I don't expect that he'll have a shot at a Starter's job unless an injury or a trade happens that takes one off the Rotation. If Sabes trades one of them he better get someone with a big stick and solid Defense for his return or someone is gonna get lynched.

~Ceadder

yup. I see Willis as Trade Insurance. Or rather, if he gets his act together, Trade Assurance.
Well, isn't this place like any other Giant forum ? Where Giant fans go to chat about the team. Some other sites have fans their every day, but not here. If you post they will come, is not true here

i dont get it, ive been on 9erwebzone forever, find the link for this site on the zone, come back from iraq, register and theres like 4 guys on here......i dont know what the deal is. plenty of people on mlb.com comment boards whining and complaining about the giants, same with extra baggs, but noone here.