There are 3 users in the forums

Posey Near A Giants Rookie Record

Posey is quite good, should have the Giants RBI rookie record for a month rather soon.

Posey matched his career high in hits and drove in two runs against the Diamondbacks to pass Orlando Cepeda for the second-longest hitting streak by a Giants rookie, just four behind Willie McCovey’s 1959 record. He’s hit .479 in July to raise his season average to .371 and has 24 RBIs to tie Jim Ray Hart’s team rookie record for a month, set in 1964.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=300725129

Actually, he is getting close to McCoveys record as well, isnt he ?
I hate talking about records. The moment you talk about them they become all too real and unattainable.

But I think that Posey has a good chance to do it. He goes up and makes it look pedestrian.

Anyone notice his nose grind move after he reaches? I love it. Him and Bum both seem to do that in different circumstances of course. lol

~Ceadder
I think I still have Jim Ray Hart's baseball card.
What is the ML record for Rookie hitting streaks? Isn't McCovey's SF Record 2nd all time?
Mmmm no I think he's 5th. I'd have to go back and check it though.

I think 1st is something like 36. That would be a huge streak in comparison to Willie Mac's 22 straight.

*Update* Doh! Joe D had 56 games for number one. Wow I must be getting old if I don't remember this.

Here's the list and Willie Mac is way down there. He's not even on this version since it stops at 30.

Major League hitting streak

~Ceadder

Originally posted by BigRon:
What is the ML record for Rostreaks? Isn't McCovey's SF Record 2nd all time?

Originally posted by BigRon:
What is the ML record for Rookie hitting streaks? Isn't McCovey's SF Record 2nd all time?

Benito Santiago had a 34 game hit streak in 1987, when he was playing with the Pads. Not sure but that might be the tops for all rookies, without a doubt the tops in the NL.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Benito Santiago had a 34 game hit streak in 1987, when he was playing with the Pads. Not sure but that might be the tops for all rookies, without a doubt the tops in the NL.

It is the tops. The AL leader only hit 30 so he would be second. I closed my link or I could have noted it for you guys. My bad.

~Ceadder
Posey just got a single
Posey just got a single

Too bad we're behind.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Too bad we're behind.

~Ceadder

Too bad we lost
Too bad we lost

Este bonito. We had to lose one sometime. 16-6 on the road and 0-1 this home stand isn't the end of the world. Damned Uggla anyway.

~Ceadder
True, we can't win them all, but it still hurts. I prefer a victory every game.
damnit all to hell, one friken game i miss since being home and we get one hitted and poseys streak gets ended, sorry guys it wont happen again