There are 3 users in the forums

Adam Dunn?

I think that maybe Sabes should be talking to the Nationals and see if we can't get Adam Dunn.

I've always liked the guy but we missed out on him and the Nationals got him. Well they may be looking to deal him and he brings a hell of a Slugging percentage with him. .579 in a "Unfriendly hitters environment". That's no small feat.

I think bringing him in for the last half of the AL schedule as a DH and sticking him in Left and Huff back at first would be a good move. We could possibly unload Wellemeyer and ??? to get him if Sabes wanted to take on his contract.

I think this is doable, anyone else?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I think that maybe Sabes should be talking to the Nationals and see if we can't get Adam Dunn.

I've always liked the guy but we missed out on him and the Nationals got him. Well they may be looking to deal him and he brings a hell of a Slugging percentage with him. .579 in a "Unfriendly hitters environment". That's no small feat.

I think bringing him in for the last half of the AL schedule as a DH and sticking him in Left and Huff back at first would be a good move. We could possibly unload Wellemeyer and ??? to get him if Sabes wanted to take on his contract.

I think this is doable, anyone else?

~Ceadder

As much as I would love to see Dunn on the Giants, it will never happen because Sabes will not trade for someone who is a free agent at the end of the season. He doesn't have any faith in his own ability to sign these players to a long term contract! What a shame, because with Dunn on board we could really have something special.
Originally posted by clark4ever:
As much as I would love to see Dunn on the Giants, it will never happen because Sabes will not trade for someone who is a free agent at the end of the season. He doesn't have any faith in his own ability to sign these players to a long term contract! What a shame, because with Dunn on board we could really have something special.

Ahh, I thought Dunn had a 3 year deal with Washington. But if he doesn't, you're right Sabes won't even give him a second glance.

~Ceadder
More than a bat, whodathunk, we need LH relief pitching. The only current leftys on our staff are Starters. Not one reliever.
But didn't we lose the Lefties we did have to the DL? Or did I miss something?

~Ceadder

Originally posted by BigRon:
More than a bat, whodathunk, we need LH relief pitching. The only current leftys on our staff are Starters. Not one reliever.

I'm up for any trade that keeps Rent-a-wreck off the field.

0-5 and looked like crap in that last AB.
Originally posted by Operating_Thetan:

I don't have a problem with Rents. We all know that he's at the end of his career and is no more than a Bench player now. He's a guy you look to send in late in the game when things are even or you want to insure the Win. But asking anything more than that is just expecting too much.

If you can look at it like this, then Rents is serviceable. He won't be back next season however.

~Ceadder
i would love adam dunn wearing a giants jersey, hes one of my favorite players, though i would rather have prince mainly because hes younger and if the front office had any cajones he could be a giants mainstay for a long long time. but,.................

UPDATE: The Giants' attempts to land Brewers' sluggers Corey Hart or Prince Fielder are dead as of Tuesday morning, reports Henry Schulman via Twitter.

The tweet also says the club is actively pursuing relief help, but that the market is "tough."

The Giants could still be in on Jose Guillen, among others.

--
The San Francisco Giants could use some help on offense, particularly at first or third base and in the outfield. But as Jeff Fletcher wrote Tuesday, GM Brian Sabean is after players that can help beyond 2010, which may eliminate all soon-to-be free agents from the club's radar.

Jon Morosi of FoxSports.com tweets that the club remains interested in Corey Hart, Adam Dunn, Jorge Cantu and David DeJesus. Dunn is a free agent at season's end, so the Giants would obviously need to back off on their stance against renting a player, and the Nationals don't appear all that willing to move him, which might deem Dunn to pricey in trade cost for the Giants to strongly consider the slugger.

The Giants' own reluctance to move a pitcher -- Matt Cain, Jonathan Sanchez, Madison Bumgarner -- may also make it difficult to add an impact hitter this month.

In addition, the Royals are playing hardball with their asking price on DeJesus -- Morosi tweets that at least five teams have interest in the left-handed hitting outfielder -- and both Cantu and Hart have multiple suitors. If any are dealt this month, it might be much closer to the deadline as clubs wait for the price to fall.

- Jason A. Churchill

are you friken kidding me, jose guillen..... the tigers are also said to have interest in fielder.

also on the dunn topic........

ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine reports Tuesday afternoon that the Nationals want two of the White Sox's top prospects in a deal for Adam Dunn, including right-hander Daniel Hudson. Levine writes that the other prospect will have to be one of three: outfielder Jordan Danks, infielder Brent Morel and catcher Tyler Flowers.
Originally posted by Operating_Thetan:

that was a big knock......