There are 2 users in the forums

Anyone have Espn Insider access for Posey article?

Buster Olney.....great name for a guy writing the article on our stud, posted an article on ESPN Insider, but I do not have access. Does anyone have access and if so, please copy and past the article on here.

Thanks!
Originally posted by SanDiegoGiant:
Buster Olney.....great name for a guy writing the article on our stud, posted an article on ESPN Insider, but I do not have access. Does anyone have access and if so, please copy and past the article on here.

Thanks!

+1

Please do please do please please please please.

~Ceadder
alright gents, im new to the forums and already a hero! j/k here it is though.....

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0727...posey1_576.jpg

With Posey, it's not that he has a great approach, it's that his approach includes the whole field.

(^^^^^^^this is a comment on the image above^^^^^^)

POSEY A MAN FOR ALL FIELDS

A talent evaluator crossed paths with Buster Posey in spring training and watched him in a few games at the time. The same evaluator recently got a chance to see the Giants rookie again. "I cannot believe what a difference there is in him," said the evaluator. "He's like a sponge, in terms of the information he has absorbed and the adjustments he has made. He is the most impressive young player I've seen in years. Years."

Really? Who does he remind you of?

Edgar Martinez at the plate," said the evaluator. "If you throw him a fastball hard on the inner half, he will carve it to right-center field, with power. If you throw him soft stuff middle-in, he will pull it. If you throw him a fastball away, he will take it to right field. This kid ... what a great young hitter. You ought to look at his spray chart -- I bet he has hits all over the place."

OK. Here it is, courtesy of MLB.com, and it shows exactly what the evaluator is talking about. Posey, even at 23 years old, uses the whole dang field, with power.

"He's getting better as a catcher, too," said the evaluator. "He's quicker on the transfer of the ball when he throws to second base. You can see, in how he carries himself, he's going to be a take-charge type of guy. I love watching him play."

Posey is the Giants' best position player since Barry Bonds, Tim Kawakami writes.

http://giants.mlb.com/stats/individu...763&statType=1

^^^^^^this is the link for the sentence that is underlined above.^^^^^^^
oh yeah btw, the comment list after this article had alot of love for buster from all different fans, except padres fans, they had their negative things to say. just shows how much recognition hes getting. GO GIANTS!
Thank you sir a good read and of course down here Padre fans are like Charger fans delerious about everything.
Gracias.

Viva las Buster!!!

Venti unos!!!

~Ceadder