There are 4 users in the forums

Deadline Deals

giants pick up there left handed reliever. i dont think i twas enouhg but whatever......anyway, what are your thoughts on the moves and how do you think teams will come out.
deadline hits, and no bat for us, and the dodgers made some moves. me personally, im not confident in a run. prove me wrong brian sab.
Don't know. We'll have to wait and see. They got that kid in Virginia tearing it up right now. And then let's not forget Dontrelle Willis. If he can come out of the Pen and give us 3 solid innings, it could be enough to get it done. We just have to take down the Blahdgers and the friggin upstart Rockies. Just hanging around gives us a good chance of overtaking the Madres, and if our guys can get and remain healthy we have as good a shot as any of the teams in contention right now. What's our WC standing anyway. I haven't been paying attention to that because I want our guys to bust their asses and not look at WC. Imho looking at that is doom.

Oh and with the two acquisitions made today, somebody's gotta get set down. Bye Rohlly

~Ceadder
Losing Bowker pisses me off!!!!! He never got the chance. Won the starting RF job, and became part time after one game. 82 AB's sporadically, is not how one gets a chance. I know he will come back and haunt us, when we play the Pirates. Like a ghost, and I'm scared and angry
we will see what happens i think it will help him shine that hes on the pirates lol but the last time we traded a guy to them that no one wanted us to let go, he vanished into who knows where. what was his name, tim alderson, i dont know i almost forgot
Meh. If it were between Bowker or Nate who should be our RF'er? I say Nate cause he's got the gun out there in RF. Bowker is a reasonable filler but I don't think that he had the arm out there to keep Runners honest on the deep fly. I know that after he successfully gunned down Runners who tagged up, opposing teams have all but stopped attempting routine Sacrifice fly attempts. Bowker doesn't give us that.

And you could pretty much say the same things about Nate. With Winn in Right nobody has had a chance to really step up and fill the role. Bowker was the logical choice to be moved.

~Ceadder