There are 7 users in the forums

Jose Guillen- Pass or Trade?

I'm of the mind that we've had "distraction players" before. There is nothing new here but I think that Guillen's bat would be a solid addition to the Lineup.

IMHO the way to handle him is to let it be known right from the begining that he will NOT be a distraction. If he is he can take it down the road and see what team would want to take a chance on him after he "failed in KC" and then with our club.

But lets face it KC is never in the hunt and the distraction could be due to a solid professional who is nothing short of disgusted in the organization that he plays for because they don't look for anyone to make the team better.

I think that if he understands that this is a true TEAM atmosphere, that he would be a Professional about his time with our club. To be extremely honest I have not seen this level of team pride since Roger Craig managed this team. It's encouraging that it's finally come full circle in this way.

However we need a bat. Guillen can help us and help his own cause at the same time.

So do we take a chance and deal for him, since KC will more than likely let him walk for very little return value(assuming they'll take a reasonable share of that $4 million and pocket the rest) or do we pass and take our chances the rest of the way?

~Ceadder
Pass, pass
pass, not a significant enough upgrade, unless we get him for a pat burrell price