There are 4 users in the forums

Whats the Rotation

Now that we don't play till Thursday. What will the rotation be for the 5 game set with Atlanta?

Game1 ATL @ SF Thursday, October 7
Game2 ATL @ SF Friday, October 8
DAY OFF
Game3 SF @ ATL Sunday, October 10
Game4 SF @ ATL Monday, October 11
DAY OFF
Game5 ATL @ SF Wednesday, October 13
1st Game Cain
2nd Game Zito
3rd Game Timmy

That's how I would do it. Send in the better arms in reverse order giving Cain time to rest in case we need to put him in for the final game. I would use Sanchez and Bum to give us solid MRs' in this series and to preserve the Pen for as long as possible if necessary. Go with the hot hand and we should be fine.

Not that I don't trust Bum or Sanchez, but the way Cain has been throwing all Season he's the best of the Rotation imho.

If I had to I would put Sanchez on the mound in game 4. Bum is still young and young arms can be shaky in the Post Season. The extra day of rest would benefit Timmy too.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
1st Game Cain
2nd Game Zito
3rd Game Timmy

That's how I would do it. Send in the better arms in reverse order giving Cain time to rest in case we need to put him in for the final game. I would use Sanchez and Bum to give us solid MRs' in this series and to preserve the Pen for as long as possible if necessary. Go with the hot hand and we should be fine.

Not that I don't trust Bum or Sanchez, but the way Cain has been throwing all Season he's the best of the Rotation imho.

~Ceadder

I think Timmy opens with Cain and Bumgarner. I believe Zito walked himself out of rotation yesterday.

Due to the days off, the final two could be Sanchez and Timmy unless we are down two then it would be Timmy and Cain.
Zito, Cain and Sanchez beat Atlanta. Timmy lost to them.

Gotta go with the hot hand. Zito should be fine against the Squaws. But that's why I would start Cain twice against them.

~Ceadder
The optimist in me says, "that was August Timmy"
The pessimist in me says. "ZITO?!?"
Originally posted by BigRon:
The optimist in me says, "that was August Timmy"
The pessimist in me says. "ZITO?!?"

lol, I know but that's why Timmy would Start in the 3rd game on the road. Good chance as any to get the sweep if Zito pitches well at Home.

~Ceadder
My bad I got it wrong. Sanchez beat them at Home. Timmy beat them at Home and Zito beat them on the Road.

I got dyslexic and moved Cain's win against the Stros down one on the schedule list.

~Ceadder
I have a feeling Zito is out as well. I mean maybe not, because that would be the smart thing to do, and well bochy is our manager.

We simply need to score runs, and the sad fact is Giants don't when Zito pitches.
  • 4ML
Game 1: Lince
Game 2: Cain
Game 3: Sanchez
Game 4: MadBum
Game 5: Lince

Hopefully, we finish them off in a maximum of 4 games. Lince can be bumped up to game 4 if it's a must win game, but I love MadBum on the road. If we win the first two - I say throw in MadBum in game 3 and try to finish 'em off.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Game 1: Lince
Game 2: Cain
Game 3: Sanchez
Game 4: MadBum
Game 5: Lince

Hopefully, we finish them off in a maximum of 4 games. Lince can be bumped up to game 4 if it's a must win game, but I love MadBum on the road. If we win the first two - I say throw in MadBum in game 3 and try to finish 'em off.

I like that Lineup. The thing I would worry about with Madison is simply butterflies. Having had too much rest he will be overthrowing that curve ball. It could take him a couple of innings to settle down. Bochy has hinted at going with a 11 man pitching staff. who gets left off for this series.
I like that Lineup. The thing I would worry about with Madison is simply butterflies. Having had too much rest he will be overthrowing that curve ball. It could take him a couple of innings to settle down. Bochy has hinted at going with a 11 man pitching staff. who gets left off for this series.

If we lost a Starter for this series it would have to be Bum. Sanchez seems to throw no hit stuff more often than not. Bum is young and would be insurance in case we lost a Starter. I can't even point to a Reliever and make a case for sitting them down. So it would have to be Bum imho. Not even in a Leftie/Rightie argument. And we all know how Boch thinks on that one.

~Ceadder
Timmy Cain Sanchez seemed to be confirmed from the Probables link on sfgiants.com.
  • 4ML

That could be a concern, but the kid pitched great during our chase for the division. I know playoffs is another beast, but he held up pretty good (that's an understatement) in the month of September and I personally feel he should be the no.1 choice for us in game 4 against Braves. Like I said before, if we win the first two - I bump him up a game. It does two things - a) he is obviously a great road pitcher so gives up a great chance to sweep them b) takes off a lot of pressure off him if we are already up 2-0.
Timmy Cain Sanchez seemed to be confirmed from the Probables link on sfgiants.com.

Sweet, I hope that sticks. I finally signed up on this site. I could never get it to work at work, now it does. I am glad Boch has his eye on the prize.
Originally posted by 4ML:
That could be a concern, but the kid pitched great during our chase for the division. I know playoffs is another beast, but he held up pretty good (that's an understatement) in the month of September and I personally feel he should be the no.1 choice for us in game 4 against Braves. Like I said before, if we win the first two - I bump him up a game. It does two things - a) he is obviously a great road pitcher so gives up a great chance to sweep them b) takes off a lot of pressure off him if we are already up 2-0.

Or it works against us and puts more pressure on him to close it out.I hope it wouldn't but Rookie Pitchers are fickle creatures.

~Ceadder