There are 2 users in the forums

What we're up against to get to the World Series...

Well just looked up the Season record against the NL teams that we have a chance to face and the Braves.

1st. The Braves will be no walk in the park. We have a 3-4 Season record against them. I think that we can win, but I wouldn't put money on this series. The good thing is that we have a 2-1 Home record (I think that was the Home split) against them and we have home field.

If we somehow face Cinci we have a 4-3 record against them so we would have Home Field against them. We had a 2-2 split so they have a chance to give us fits.

And finally...

The Phillies. The team we are evenly matched with with a 3-3 record, they would more than likely have Home Field against us, so if we play them we would have to take them at Home if we want to go any further. Not saying we can't beat them. Just saying our best shot to do so is at Home.

The good thing is that we have the bet Starting Rotation in the NL and maybe even all of Baseball. So we have a really good shot of going all the way.

Viva los Gigantes!!!

~Ceadder
It is eerie how even the Braves and Giants are.
Braves have the higher average
Giants have the lower ERA
Giants have more HR
Braves have more Doubles
The teams have the same amount of hits.
It's this way throughout the playoffs it seems. It's funny how the ESPN Analyst(sorry can't think of his name at the moment) last nite, chose the Phillies as the team to beat. If you look deep into all 4 teams we're actually the team to beat because we scored the most points in the season, we have the best Rotation 1-5 (Phillies have 1-3) and we have the best Closer. Forget the points even. Our team seems to be able to come back even when we're down and our arms keep things winnable.

My only issue with our team is Boch. But he's been here before.

I'm not saying we do win it all. Just that we're just as good as anybody else here. When was the last Playoff Season where you could make a case for anybody there? I don't even remember the last time it was this even.

~Ceadder
the NL is going to be tougher to look ahead than the AL, but any one that says the phillies are the team to beat, or the team to take it is smoking alot of stuff......this is the most evenly matched and unforseable match up in the post season i have seen. any one of the teams can make it, i think the braves might be the weakest but only because of the injuries. and imo, i never feel comfy with the giants behind. if they get the lea early i know its a guarantee win, but whenever we get down 3+ i start crying. they have proved me wrong this year many times though. any way, GO GIANTS! BEAT THE BRAVES!