There are 2 users in the forums

Does the Writers Association penalize Timmy for August?

Everyone was set to give the Cy to Halladay. Especially after he threw the NoNo in the NLCS.

But then once again Timmy pours on the Gas and takes down all comers. His September and October numbers are straight up Sick.

Halladay was hittable.
Oswalt was hittable.
Lee(AL) was hittable.
In fact none of the big names associated with the Cy race were untouchable by our group of hackers.

But Timmy might as well have been. In one game alone he had 14 Ks' and 12 of them were on Big Whiffs where the ball was nowhere over the Dish. To me this proves that Timmy IS the best. I think that he hurt himself by messing with his delivery. But I think that he proved that he was worthy of an unprecedented 3rd Cy in a row.

Now I will also say that Post Season shouldn't necessarily be a factor in determining Season hardware and that Ubaldo Jimenez is going to be nipping at Timmy's heels and same for Wainwright. I'm sure there are other Pitchers that you could install in this topic as well. But both Ubaldo and Wainwright became hittable and ran out of gas. I think that our hackers put up an atrocious crooked number on Ubaldo as well.

But Timmy is so friggin good he just goes right back to what he knows works after he changed his own delivery.

Hell his own battery is chasing him in this hunt. Cain was money most of the season. Baumgarner was unflappable. Sancho was murder on the Opposing hitters(tho the Wildman made a brief appearance) and let's be fair to Zito he wasn't bad at all. He had some bad games true, but Timmy had ALL of August even if it was an anomoly.

If I had to pick two names from this roster eligible for the Cy it would be Timmy and Cain. These guys went out and proved that we had the best Starting Rotation (1 through 5) of the Season. If we have Run Support behind them there is NOBODY better.

~Ceadder
Lincecum is a great pitcher; even though he wasn't a 20-game winner this season.

He could sure use about 15 or so more pounds on his frame, though.
August killed Timmy's chances for another CY. Halladay or Price will win this one. Also everyone needs to remember, the ballots for ALL season awards, Rookie, Manager, MVP and CY have to be in the New York Offices of Major League Baseball by the end of the final day of the Season. or by the time the last out is made. no exceptions.
Then I think that Timmy may still get it anyway, given the competition he's faced. Not saying he will but September and October were absolutely Insane months. Also Timmy once again had his 200th K earlier than ANY Pitcher in the league including Jiminez for the third consecutive year. Yeah he faced the Weak West, but he also faced pretty much every Pitcher that is in the running for this thing and came out on top more often than not.

The fly in the ointment being August of course.

I hope the Writers choose wisely and consider August for what it was. If Timmy doesn't mess with his own mechanics, he EASILY owns the Cy. Instead he messed around and kept things interesting.

Oh and I thought that the Writers had to have it in by the clinch of the NLCS and ALCS respectively. Considering they are ALWAYS relating that Post Seasons right or wrong do enter into consideration. I could be wrong but that's what I believe is the case.

~Ceadder
i agree completely, especially with the last paragraph, hands down best pitching rotation in all of baseball. who cares about a pitchers record, look at the eras. plus timmy won it with 15 wins before. hell our number 4 & 5 guys could be starters on half the teams in the league. now the whole world knows cuz of our shine on the fall classic. but if our guys get avg of one or 2 more runs of support per game, especially cain and zito have another 5 wins to there records. i dont care if roy and cc had 20+ wins, king hernandez should be the al cy and timmy should still be a high consideration.
The post season has no impact on the major mlb Awards. What is impacted by the playoffs are simply the playoff awards for each series.