There are 4 users in the forums

Top 100 Players in baseball

Just ran across this on SI's website: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=sihpT1

Top 100 Players

7. Tim Lincecum, SP, Giants
The Freak is pitching even better this year (10-2, 2.27 ERA, league-leading 159 K's) than last year, when he won the Cy Young.

25. Pablo Sandoval, 3B, Giants
Kung Fu Panda plays some third, some catcher, some first, he's still only 22, he still swings at almost everything and he hits the ball HARD. One of the most fun young players in baseball today.

27. Matt Cain, SP, Giants
Drysdale to Lincecum's Koufax, Cain is 11-2 with a 2.32 ERA and a league-leading three complete games.

Three players in the top 30! Granted, this is just one writer's opinion. Still, it's so nice to see that for a change. No matter what happens this year, I am extremely jazzed about the future of Giants baseball for the first time in years.
Whoa...pretty sweet to see them getting respect. Lincecum gets respect everywhere, but I've seen lists like this that don't have Pablo or Cain in the top 50. Awesome to see them getting props from someone!
Cain is better than Sandoval.
25th best player in baseball not in the allstar game...
Originally posted by walnuts:
Cain is better than Sandoval.

I think age plays a factor and recognition and kung fu panda is getting more recognition
  • crzy
We're getting some respect!!

I might be a homer...but I'm not sure I agree with Greinke being ahead of Lincecum. Greinke is filthy, but they have pretty similar stats this year. And this is the second year Timmy is performing at a Cy Young level, can't say the same for Greinke.
pfff, the best pitcher in baseball should be higher than 7th IMO.
Pablo at 25...Wow. Respect.

Greinke over Lincecum doesn't seem right to me either. This is really the first season Greinke has shown his ability -- Timmy is the reigning Cy Young winner and is dominating again.
greinke best pitcher in baseball???
Originally posted by Poncho707:
greinke best pitcher in baseball???

According to this guy, yes.
he is wrong lol
poncho!!!!

I'm back