There are 7 users in the forums

Brandon Belt Watch Thread

Since Brandon Belt served his three weeks in Fresno where now he won’t be eligible for free agency until after 2017 rather than 2016, it’s time for Brandon Belt to get called back up.

In 24 games Belt is batting .387 on base percentage is .529 and has an OPS 1.129, and has knocked in 18 runs in 24 games.

In fact today Belt went 1 for 2 with a Grandslam, knocked in 5 runs and drew two walks.

Whoops my bad I realized he made an out in one of his at bats, I guess this means he needs more seasoning in Fresno. (Sarcasm)

Meanwhile let’s see how our veterans are performing

Aaron Rowand 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts batting .250 for the year

Mark Derosa 0 for 4 batting .167 for the year (at this point De Rosa should be taking more heat than Tejada although giving Tejada heat is very much justified)

Miguel Tejada 1 for 4 with an RBI, batting .206 for the year

What do I propose? Well first send down Darren Ford and bring up Brandon Belt. Second, once it’s been 10 days since Burriss has been sent down, DFA De Rosa and bring Buriss back up. Hard to believe, De Rosa is performing worse than Tejada.

P.S. Note to Mod, check the Parking Lot Section with the thread title 49ers Webzone
I think he will be up sometime just after the All Star break. But it depends on trading for a Shortstop. I see Schierholtz being packaged with someone like Sanchez for a shortstop making room for Belt.
Your probably right on the timing. There are four scenarios which could happen

1) A bad contract swap trade with Aaron Rowand such as a Aaron Rowand for Joe Blanton trade which would open up a spot for Brandon Belt and give the Giants more starting pitching depth.

2) Pat Burrell could get DFA before the season is over

3) Like you said Nate could get traded

4) An outfielder or Huff as a serious injury and is on the DL for an extended period opening a spot for Brandon Belt.

I guess as long as the Giants are in first place they don't have to rush him up but for the Giants to go deep into the playoffs Belt must be the starting LF, Sandoval must return and be the starting 3B, and the Giants must trade for a SS at the trading deadline.
Originally posted by GiantDave:

I guess as long as the Giants are in first place they don't have to rush him up but for the Giants to go deep into the playoffs Belt must be the starting LF, Sandoval must return and be the starting 3B, and the Giants must trade for a SS at the trading deadline.

My guess is that Huff would be in LF, If he starts hitting. Belt is the better defensive 1B and Huff the better LF. I do see Burrell not hitting his way out of the lineup. After all he does lead the team in Striking Out.
I see our lineup on most days but seldom 3 in a row as
Torres CF
Sanchez 2B
Posey C
Huff LF
Ross RF
Sandoval 3B
Belt 1B
???? SS

Without a trade for a SS - Fontenot
I think both Tejada and Burrell could be DFA and Rowand here thru the end of the season.
A couple of thoughts

I certainly don't see Tejada getting DFA, I see him as the back up 3B/SS when Pablo gets back and we acquire a SS through trade. I'm assuming De Rosa is out of the year. I do think Tejada as a chance to thrive if he only gets one or two starts a week and is strictly a pinch hitter off the bench. He shouldn't be starting 6 times per week.

I could definitely see Burrell getting DFA

Here would be a two proposed line ups depending on what a SS we acquire

1) Reyes type SS
2) Torres CF
3) Posey C
4) Sandoval 3B
5) Huff 1B/LF
6) Ross RF
7) Belt 1B/LF
8) Sanchez 2b

1) Torres CF
2) Sanchez 2B
3) Posey C
4) Sandoval 3B
5) Huff 1B/LF
6) Ross RF
7) Belt 1B/LF
8) Jack Wilson, JJ Hardy type SS
I hope we go after Wilson over Reyes. It would take less pitching to acquire him and he and Sanchez know each others tendancies.
You got a good point, we wouldn't have to give up either Jonathon Sanchez or Eric Surkamp either. One or two second tier prospects would get the job done.

Wilson would be a huge defensive improvement as well as a slight offensive improvement over Tejada at this point.

Then we could keep Sanchez through 2012 and then by around 2013 we would have cheap but effective options in the back end of rotation in Wheeler and Surkamp.