There are 8 users in the forums

Official Athletics at Giants series thread - starts 5/20/11

Friday, May 20 - Athletics - 7:15 pm - Vogelsong vs Cahill
Saturday, May 21 - Athletics - 4:10 pm - Lincecum vs Anderson
Sunday, May 22 - Athletics - 1:05 pm - Sanchez vs Gonzalez

Sorry. Forgot the Dodgers series thread. But it was a sweep so whatever.

Anyways, new series up. Discuss.
I really hope this is the last season of this waste of time. Interleague play is done wrong. The DH should be available in the NL park and the Pitcher should hit in the AL park. If you're going to expose the fans from the other league to the game's stars and strategies you need to do show American leaguers how the Game is Played in the National League.

When Interleague play started it was a novel idea on boosting attendance. Geographic rivalries played each other and fans were treated to players but not play from the other league. Selig needed this boost. But one of the effects of interleague play has been the watered down interest in both the All Star Game and the World Series. Never has Selig been about the future of the game only the now.

Having said all that I hope we spank the A's.
I don't know. I kind of like interleague play the way it is done. I get your point, but it is interesting seeing some teams handicapped in their strategy when playing a team they rarely get to play. Interesting to see how certain teams adjust and watching those that do it well. But yeah, I never even watch the All-Star Game anymore.
Oh. And I just think the bad ratings last year for the World Series was because we get no love. We are not a big market team and the Rangers were not that much better. If it had been the Yankees or Red Socks, I bet ratings would have been fine. Even after we won it all ... still no love.
While I agree that the match up for last years WS wasn't the one the TV execs wanted, The ratings for any series would have been down. Interleague play has diluted the fan factor in any World Series. Diehard Fans of the game will watch but the casual fan will only watch if his/her team is playing. It is the casual fan that has become the casualty in this. Baseball has done a poor job of recruiting interest due to the several factors, the chief of which is interleague play. The other being the unbalanced schedule. In a league where the teams play within the division 18 times and outside 6 we have managed to create more interest in teams in the other league than in our own. As a Giants fan we become more interested in seeing our interleague match ups more than the Mets or Braves. It is sad that more importance is placed on seeing the Marlins than playing the Cubs.
At least that is how I see it.
SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is Nate using?

Bonds NEVER hit one that high in Pac Bell for the splash down. That was just wicked insane. Normally that shiz blows foul.

~Ceadder