There are 3 users in the forums

Affect on Giants (Posey)

After Posey injury, how do this make you feel? he has a .284 Batting Average. Slugs .389. I think this ruins a lot of chances having posey out!
It has a dramatic affect on SF. But now is the time for the other starters to pick up their game. Tejada is a joke. I never once like the idea if picking him up. They have a few good players from the minors. One was awesome last night when he hit the grandslam. Belt is there. Hopefully Pablo comes back soon. They can win their division. The pitching will get better.
Just another hurdle for us to schmmy over. Sure it is a major piece of the puzzle but then Bochy likes playing puzzles. Posey was contibuting more with his arm than his bat so far this year. Whiteside can handle the arm and defense. We just need to find a bat. Can Belt, Crawford, Burriss be the combination that does that for us. With Buster potentially out until September (best case scenerio) we need to remember this team is only as good as its pitching, and we have the potential to have the best overall staff in all of baseball.

Pablo back to mid June will help. Tejada and Burrell to the bench will help a lot.
As of Today, The Best average of the everyday (ok, most days) players belongs to Tejada. .224
I really like Posey. Sorry to see him out for the year. Do you think we'll see more catchers side stepping those plays?
No. I think the Giants will try to send a message by sliding feet first. But It will cost them a run or two.
I agree Ron. I think the Giants who aren't normally a physical team send a loud and clear message that you don't have to go at the Catcher to score a run. A lot of the younger Catchers though have been told not to block the plate. Which makes what Fielder did all the more infuriating. Yeah Whitey was blocking the plate but that fat fool didn't have to round 3rd, which gave Whitey time to get his feet set and ready himself for the impact.

~Ceadder