There are 3 users in the forums

Official Padres at Giants series thread - starts 7/4/11

Monday, July 4 - Padres - 2:05 pm - Lincecum vs Richard
Tuesday, July 5 - Padres - 7:15 pm - Cain vs Stauffer
Wednesday, July 6 - Padres - 7:15 pm - Bumgarner vs Moseley
Thursday, July 7 - Padres - 7:15 pm - Zito vs Luebke

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
It would be nice to put some more separation between us and the Padres.
Wow. 14 innings.
I want to have Nate's baby. He saved us from being tied with the DBacks AND the sweep with that walk off shot. Two fates worse than... well I'm sure you all catch my drift.

~Ceadder
Congrats to Nate on his two firsts. First 2 homer game. First Career Walkoff Homerun. and the Pitching staff. WOW 19 Ks plus whatever that hat stood for.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Congrats to Nate on his two firsts. First 2 homer game. First Career Walkoff Homerun. and the Pitching staff. WOW 19 Ks plus whatever that hat stood for.

The Giants relievers also retired 17 straight at one point. Crazy.
Nice finish to the series. Nate has done well to say the least. Zito surprising all of us. His most impressive stat from last night, No walks.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Nice finish to the series. Nate has done well to say the least. Zito surprising all of us. His most impressive stat from last night, No walks.

Zito isn't surprising everyone. He's had this stuff in the past. The difference here is he's playing for the love of the game again and not trying to do it all himself. I think a lot of this has to do with buying into trusting the 8 other guys on the field. That wasn't there in the past and you can't blame the guy for feeling like he had to put the team on his back.

Sux for Hall to get spiked like that but maybe it will amount to a little more time on the field for Manny. I really would like to see him pan out for us. It would certainly be nice to have Freddy's replacement on the team in the future. I'm not cheering for Sanchez to leave, retire or be taken out by injury. It's just the more I see of Brando and Manny in the middle the more I like. They do work well together and he took the transition well from Tejada last night. His glove to throw exchange was textbook to end the game. I want to see more of that. The bats will come around with time but you gotta put them on the field or it'll never happen.

~Ceadder