There are 4 users in the forums

Official Diamondbacks at Giants series thread - starts 8/1/11

Monday, August 1 - Diamondbacks - 7:15 pm - Cain vs Kennedy
Tuesday, August 2 - Diamondbacks - 7:15 pm - Lincecum vs Hudson
Wednesday, August 3 - Diamondbacks - 12:45 pm - Vogelsong vs Marquis

BigRon, where do you get all that series info that you always post when you do these?
From http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...ex.jsp?c_id=sf

Arizona Diamondbacks vs. San Francisco Giants
Monday, August 1, 7:15 PM PT, AT&T Park

Ian Kennedy, RHP 12-3, 3.22 ERA
Kennedy didn't have his best stuff last time out, but allowed just two runs over six innings to pick up the win. Kennedy tossed eight shutout innings against the Giants earlier this year at AT&T Park. Has won his last four starts with 2.42 ERA.

Matt Cain, RHP 9-6, 2.91 ERA

Cain has thrived this year at AT&T Park, where he's 5-3 with a 2.71 ERA. Of his 22 performances, 17 have been quality starts. Cain needs seven strikeouts to pass Mike McCormick for 11th on the all-time franchise list.

Tuesday, August 2, 7:15 PM PT, AT&T Park
Daniel Hudson, RHP 10-7, 3.81 ERA

Tim Lincecum, RHP 9-8, 2.78 ERA

By improving to 65-35 for his career in his last start, Lincecum became one of three pitchers to win that often in his first 100 decisions, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The others also were Giants: Sal Maglie and Juan Marichal.

Wednesday, August 3, 12:45 PM PT, AT&T Park
Jason Marquis, RHP 0-0, -.-- ERA

Ryan Vogelsong, RHP 8-1, 2.23 ERA

Vogelsong has allowed no more than three runs in each of his last 15 starts. That has helped the All-Star build a remarkable home record of 5-1 with a 1.28 ERA. Vogelsong received no decision in his only previous appearance vs. Arizona on June 16.
I have to do some editing on it but the two places I find info are at SFGiants.com and from SFGate.com/Giants
so what do we have to fear most in this series. their Bats? or the absence of ours?
Originally posted by jayjaywho:
so what do we have to fear most in this series. their Bats? or the absence of ours?

The absence of ours. Sadly, our new powerful hitter Beltran is just a singles hitter for the Giants. Pablo & Nate can't do it alone. I can't believe we are in 1st place considering our offense.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
The absence of ours. Sadly, our new powerful hitter Beltran is just a singles hitter for the Giants. Pablo & Nate can't do it alone. I can't believe we are in 1st place considering our offense.

it is pretty shocking that we are in 1st still. Gary Brown experiment time?

Naw, too early. Do you remember, when the Giants let batting coach Carny Lansford go, because our guys couldn't hit. What's the excuse for our hitting coach Bambam Meulens ?

Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Naw, too early. Do you remember, when the Giants let batting coach Carny Lansford go, because our guys couldn't hit. What's the excuse for our hitting coach Bambam Meulens ?

September is early enough but I doubt he comes up even then.
As for Lansford, one of the reasons he was fired is that the players refused to listen to him. Seems as if they are doing the same thing with BamBam. I think we should pull a Cardinals' type move and hire Barry as the hitting coach. He would simply destroy anyone who won't listen to him.
Originally posted by BigRon:
September is early enough but I doubt he comes up even then.
As for Lansford, one of the reasons he was fired is that the players refused to listen to him. Seems as if they are doing the same thing with BamBam. I think we should pull a Cardinals' type move and hire Barry as the hitting coach. He would simply destroy anyone who won't listen to him.

Bambam was supposed to be a key to the latin players, since he spoke so many languages, but that is not working. Barry would be great to have as the batting coach, or even as a pinch hitter
I went to bed last night during the 5th inning. Glad I didn't watch.ouch
so with zito on the DL, does that just mean its the first step in dumping him? season over for heeeem?
so with zito on the DL, does that just mean its the first step in dumping him? season over for heeeem?

To me, if they were going to dump him, then they would have done just that, instead of putting him on the DL. They have to pay him either way, so they must be giving him more time hoping he can pitch decent again. We have to remember before his last 3 bad starts, he had 3 very good starts, after coming off the DL.

So, their options are very limited. Put him in the pen ? Considering we have a very strong pen, I don't think that is a good idea, but maybe he can be the guy who only comes in when we have a big lead, or when we are getting killed. DL makes the most sense to get his head mended, and no matter wants happens, I don't see Zito being on the playoff roster again.
An another loss, sad but true.

The whole team, besides Pablo. sucks. This is also a management & coach problem. They need to get these guys to hit, if any of you are saying it's not their problem, then we should have kept Landsford, because nobody was listening to him either. We have the hitters, but they are not hitting together. When they do get the hits, it's in different innings. The Giants need to get these guys mentally charged, before it is too late, and Dbacks run away with it all.
At the game last night. There seemed to be no energy in the crowd. I am wondering if the fanbase is a little confused over the moves that were made. And since Beltran is not hitting much at all, what is he 5-25, It is hard to get behind the guy. Timmy's mechanics are a little off. You knew that with 40 thrown by the 2nd.
one out of 3. I'll take it.