Saturday, August 6 - Phillies - 1:10 pm - Cain vs Hamels
Sunday, August 7 - Phillies - 1:05 pm - Lincecum vs Oswalt

Hanging onto first.
No Halladay. Good News. 3 of 4 matchups will be fun to watch
Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Francisco Giants
Thursday, August 4, 7:15 PM PT, AT&T Park

Cliff Lee, LHP
10-7, 3.14 ERA
Lee rebounded in his last outing, striking out 11 and allowing four runs over 7 2/3 innings against the Pirates. This will be Lee's first time facing the Giants since losing Game 5 of the 2010 World Series, when he was with the Rangers.

Madison Bumgarner, LHP
6-10, 3.80 ERA
Bumgarner walked three in his last start, ending a streak of 19 consecutive starts in which he issued two walks or fewer. That was the Giants' longest such streak since 1970-71, when Juan Marichal walked two or fewer in 21 consecutive games.
Friday, August 5, 7:15 PM PT, AT&T Park

Vance Worley, RHP
7-1, 2.33 ERA
The four runs Worley allowed in his last start were the most since June 29 at New York. He hadn't allowed more than two earned runs in his previous seven starts. He pitched his first career complete game against Giants last week in Philadelphia.

Jonathan Sanchez, LHP
4-5, 3.81 ERA
Sanchez, making his first start in more than a month, allowed two runs on seven hits and three walks, striking out five in a rehab start with Triple-A Fresno on Wednesday. Despite his time on the DL, Sanchez is still third in the NL with 59 walks.

Saturday, August 6, 1:10 PM PT, AT&T Park

Cole Hamels, LHP
12-6, 2.62 ERA
Hamels has allowed three runs or fewer in 14 of his past 15 starts, including Monday, when he gave up two runs in six innings against the Rockies before the Phillies came back to win, 4-3, in 10 innings.

Matt Cain, RHP
9-7, 3.10 ERA
Cain took the loss Monday after giving up five runs in the sixth inning against the D-backs for his seventh loss of the season. Cain allowed one unearned run on four hits and a walk in seven innings Wednesday, picking up a win in Philadelphia.

Sunday, August 7, 1:05 PM PT, AT&T Park

Roy Oswalt, RHP
4-6, 3.79 ERA
Oswalt will make his first start since June 23 after spending the last six weeks on the disabled list with lower back inflammation and two bulging disks.

Tim Lincecum, RHP
9-9, 2.77 ERA
Lincecum gave up two earned runs in seven innings, striking out eight in Tuesday's loss to Arizona. With 1,067 career strikeouts, he passed Jason Schmidt for third on SF's all-time strikeouts list and ninth on the Giants' franchise strikeouts list.
I guess if you can't hit the ball, hit the players who can hit the ball.
Originally posted by BigRon:
I guess if you can't hit the ball, hit the players who can hit the ball.

Let's be fair about it. Phils are up by a comfortable margin and Manuel calls for a steal? F that old ass if he's gonna run it up, then they deserve to be plunked.

How about that Sanchez huh? How come nobody is yelling to trade him? Oh that's right he doesn't have a huge contract. Personally I think Sanchez should be demoted to Relief once Zito gets back up. Either way really doesn't matter when the hitters aren't giving them Run production. make Sanchez Long Reliever and only pitch him on Zito days.

~Ceadder
Well, one win is better than none.
Originally posted by sf1giantfan:
Well, one win is better than none.

At least they won the one that Susan and I attended. Our final game at AT&T. We will next see the Giants play in our new home of Denver.
At least they won the one that Susan and I attended. Our final game at AT&T. We will next see the Giants play in our new home of Denver.

That's good, but kinda sad. Looks like you might have to make a special trip to see them in the World Series. Well, unless they keep playing like they have been playing, then you won't have to worry about making a special drive.
I would enjoy that special drive. If it happens. The nice thing about the move is that I will have to fly out to CA once an month. I think I might have to coordinate those trips during home stands. hahaha
I would enjoy that special drive. If it happens. The nice thing about the move is that I will have to fly out to CA once an month. I think I might have to coordinate those trips during home stands. hahaha

Wish I was able to do that. Of course tix are lots harder to come by, til all the Bandwagon fans get tired of the slumping Order.

~Ceadder