There are 5 users in the forums

Yo-yo Man

Brandon Yo-yo is going back to Fresno so the Giants can bring in a proven, broken down bum.
Poor guy, never gets a break. Good enough to play, but not good enough for bochy. Good enough to contribute, but not good enough for sabean.
  • gage
Originally posted by BigRon:
Brandon Yo-yo is going back to Fresno so the Giants can bring in a proven, broken down bum.

Miggy coming back?
Originally posted by BigRon:

Burress is even more of a YoYo. Is the poor guy about out of Options by now? I don't mind having experienced guys in the middle but I sure wish Sabean would nab someone under 30 who still has a few seasons on their Radials. This wheeling and dealing for old tired Players is gonna be the death of me.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Burress is even more of a YoYo. Is the poor guy about out of Options by now? I don't mind having experienced guys in the middle but I sure wish Sabean would nab someone under 30 who still has a few seasons on their Radials. This wheeling and dealing for old tired Players is gonna be the death of me.

~Ceadder

You and me both pal. This is nuts. Burress is an ok player, just needs to not be so hyped in the field. He has good hands and could have a good bat. He has broken down twice tho in his short career. Maybe we need to think on that. But I agree about the Tired Old Players. (TOPs.) Sabean has returned to his formula for the Bonds' Era. And we hated that. Its like the plaque on the Statue of Liberty,

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me."

That has to be Sabean's Motto.
I agree that Burress has broken down twice, but that's okay. You have the guy, he's made solid plays in the field. But he's not going to get better by being sent back down every time a foul wind blows in from Bayshore. Players in the Middle have to play on more of an everyday schedule than any other position on the field. They have to have a feel for the range of their counterpart. Which I thought both Crawford and Burress have for each other. Could be due to them being down in the minors but they really do work pretty well together. I don't mean to make more of this than it is, but instead of picking up Cabrera(who I like) I would liked to have seen Burress given more time spelled by Miggy and Mighty Mouse(if we're gonna keep Tejada) to hold down 2nd. That gives us speed on the base path and just makes more sense from a logistical standpoint imho.

~Ceadder