There are 2 users in the forums

Tim Lincecum - 2011 Cy Young Candidate

Despite his record, Tim has pitched exceptionally in 2011. Having received 2 runs of support or less in 8 of his 10 losses as well as allowing 1 run or less in 9 of his last 11 starts, its safe to say the 11-10 record is not indicative of how Tim has pitched this year. Considering King Felix's 2010 W/L record, it begs the question - what are Tim's chances of winning 3rd Cy Young award in 4 years?

Felix Hernandez 2010 Stat Line:

13-12 (tied for 18th in AL in Wins)
2.27 ERA (1st in the Majors)
34 Games Started (tied for 1st in the AL)
249.2 IP (1st in the AL)
232 K's (2nd in the AL)
.212 BAA (1st in the AL)
1.06 WHIP - 194 H, 70 BB (2nd in the AL)
6 CG, 1 SHO
80 R, 63 ER
17 HRA

Tim Lincecum 2011 Stat Line to Date (roughly 7 starts remaining in 2011):

11-10 (tied for 13 in NL in Wins)
2.53 ERA (1st among NL starters w/ 140 IP or more)
26 Games Started (tied w/ 20+ others for 2nd most in the NL)
171.0 IP (9th in the NL) would finish w/ ~ 220 IP if he averaged 7 IP/Start through the end of the season
182 K's (tied for 3rd most in the NL)
.212 BAA (3rd in the NL)
1.15 WHIP - 131 H, 65 BB (tied for 12th in the NL)
1 CG, 1 SHO
54 R, 48 ER
10 HRA

Its definitely a stretch at this point to consider Tim an extremely strong candidate to win the Cy Young award in 2011, but if Tim is able to sustain the dominance he's displayed for the majority of the 2011 season, until the end of September, I believe he'll make a fairly strong case for himself when the Baseball Writers place their votes after the season commences. And with the point scoring system in place for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place votes, i view a 3rd Cy Young award as a very likely possiblity if he keeps pitching how he's been pitching over the last 3 months.

Fingers Crossed! Go Giants!
It would be nice but Doc is having a great year.
At this point, I believe Vog has a better chance. It would help if our hitters give them some run support, so their W-L record would look better. Some voters still look at that as something.
I don't see it happening.
Timmy would have to win out while throwing 1 or maybe 2 era per game with 7 to 10 Ks per game to have a shot. Could happen and hope it does but not gonna hold my breathe.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Timmy would have to win out while throwing 1 or maybe 2 era per game with 7 to 10 Ks per game to have a shot. Could happen and hope it does but not gonna hold my breathe.

Maybe he can do just that, but he just won't get any victories. The team does not score enough. I do wonder if any or all of the pitchers have thought about taking hitting lessons from Will Clark, Mays or even Bonds.
candidate...thats all i'm saying.