There are 4 users in the forums

Official Diamondbacks at Giants series thread - starts 9/2/11

Friday, September 2 - Diamondbacks - 7:15 pm - Cain vs Saunders
Saturday, September 3 - Diamondbacks - 6:05 pm - Lincecum vs Kennedy
Sunday, September 4 - Diamondbacks - 1:05 pm - Vogelsong vs Hudson
SWEEEP OR DIE. Seems to be the scope of this series.
1 down, 5 to go.

~Ceadder
Where is the heart from last night? Did they take it off with the Oranges or what? Timmy just melted like stale butter. Mota wasn't any better and the hitters are dejectedly slapping at the ball. No bat control whatsoever. Pathetic.

~Ceadder
Time for the kids on offense.
Well here we go with the bullcrap Fluke comments from opposing pinhead fans.

~Ceadder:drink:
So is the season over or are we still in it? C'mon Rockies.
It's over for us, but not for other teams. It was over really about a month ago, the guys stopped trying. We will get a better pick, next year though.
yeah, but draft position outside the first 5 aren't that big a deal in Baseball. And we will probably be picking in the 20's. We have struck gold in Tmmy, Buster and Madbum but not so often otherwise.
Originally posted by BigRon:
yeah, but draft position outside the first 5 aren't that big a deal in Baseball. And we will probably be picking in the 20's. We have struck gold in Tmmy, Buster and Madbum but not so often otherwise.

Don't forget Cain. What about - Brown, Surkamp, Tommy Joseph, even Belt, if he gets enough chances, and I don't mean one game here, and then sit and then an another game here. How about first-round pick Joe Panik (29th overall) was voted Northwest League MVP. There is also a reliever, who could take over for Wilson maybe one day. I know, most of these guys won't make out to be much, but our scouts have done a great job, going by our past record.

I remember on an another site, almost all the posters were saying how Brown was a bad pick in 2010, but I believe in what our scouts see, since I can't :( Gary Brown, who already has broken San Jose's franchise hits record (Mark Leonard, 176 hits in 1988) in August has great ability and has a great shot at being a starter.

I never looked at the Giants picks before, but the last 5 years, I have paid attention, and there is no doubt, we have been doing quite well, even when we pick later down the draft.