There are 5 users in the forums

Official San Francisco Giants 2011-12 offseason thread

What moves do you think the Giants will make? Big moves like Crisp or Reyes? Smaller moves?
Originally posted by GiantsFan:
What moves do you think the Giants will make? Big moves like Crisp or Reyes? Smaller moves?

Well they already made a better than average move by trading Sancho for Melky. I didn't expect that move at all. But with all the arbitrations that are coming up(specifically Timmy; Matty Bulldog who is next year) I'm sure they want to keep the numbers down as much as possible. Especially with Zito still on the books. Zito better enjoy it while it lasts. Nobody is going to pay that kind of scratch for him ever again. He's a solid pitcher but he was never worth that money. He's lucky that Barry was in his final year as a Giant and Sabes was feeling the heat to have a good offseason that year. I like Zeets. He's always been a class guy even when the Giants fanbase lacked it. I don't see him leaving after this year though. I do see him arbitrated to move to Relief. His 12-6 is straight 187 on hitters. His Fastball is slow yes, but it's still in the 80s' and worthy of a spot in the Pen imho. I think he would feel less pressure there too.

Anyway... I think that we'll see more small moves than large ones. This team is still pretty good, just have to find some decent Offense. Hopefully the rumors of Affeldt and Ramirez being shopped isn't true. I think both should be retained to give Romo some support in the Pen.

~Ceadder
this offseason thread was POPPIN!