There are 7 users in the forums

Jonathan Sanchez Traded for Melky Cabrera

Oh well, I didn't expect to get much for him anyways. But now getting the Grady Sizemore experiment is over, and hopefully this is enough to get Beltran to resign with us. Not sure where Nate and Belt will fit in our outfield. We have to assume Torres, Ross and burrell are gone, if we do resign Beltran.

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...ews_sf&c_id=sf
Yeah, I was not expecting much either. So I guess the question is, where do the Giants put Cabrera?

On a side note ... I think something is different around here.
More ads, and less posters ?
Actually, I think there are less ads. Weren't there ads to the right of the forums before? Like the ones on the front page. And there is a members area now and the profile pages changed.

There were more posters during the season. Then when the season ended, they all scattered. They will probably be back when the season starts up again.
I actually don't like this new look. Normally, all though rarely, when someone did post, the thread would be bold, now it is not showing that.

True there were more posters, but even then only about 5 counting me. So, I expect it to be slow here, when only one other person responds when the Giants trade one of their starters.
Wow that's two Sites I frequent that are going through a change.

I wonder if Webzone is next.

Although I'm not keen on this format either.

I kinda like the trade. Sanchez can be a pretty good Pitcher but he threw himself off the team. The guy gave up way too many walks at the most inopportune moments during the season. I would have to say that of him and Zito, Sancho was worse in that regard. Too much of a head case that only has one good pitch really. That Slider of his is murder when he can find it but sometimes he just wouldn't mix it up enough to make Hitters chase it. Didn't help that Posey went down early though. Still the walks were the important issue.

I would put Cabrera in Center or Left. Torres could be kept for Defensive purposes since nobody is going to overpay him after last season. Put Nate in Left and Keep Ross to spell Left and Right. Pat was a good Giant but his days are numbered. Like DeRosa he didn't have much of a career with us. He was a positive influence in the Clubhouse though so I have a lot of respect for him. But some guys will probably do better elsewhere.

Sanchez may be one of them. It's hard to imagine him having another year like he did last year, but I don't see him dialing back the Walks. 5.9 per 9 is pretty bad.

~Ceadder